Probation: HeerKarel

Kvothe

Storyteller
Hi, I'm Kvothe, or HeerKarel in-game. And my application for builder got approved (doh). Over the coming weeks I'll be posting my probation-build-houses here.

Cheers!

Kvothe

Storyteller
Okay, first house is a Fisherman's house in LHT. Coords are -8399, 51, 17609.

Looking forward to feedback.

Kvothe

Storyteller
Okay, I know I'm supposed to build 5 houses in 5 different locations, but there aren't many towns with empty plots around, so I did a second house in LHT (farmer). I understand if it doesn't count towards the required 5 houses, but that's okay. Practice makes perfect anyway.
It's located at -8390, 52, 17608

I also did a farmer's house in Erenford hamlet 1 (warp /erenfordham1). Coords are:
-721, 52, 4390

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Here are some other warps you can find houses:
- Bandallon
- Conklyn
- White Harbor sprawl
- maybe some warps at Wull
- around /warp uffvillage
- maybe Lolliston

Reactions: Kvothe

Kvothe

Storyteller
Here are some other warps you can find houses:
- Bandallon
- Conklyn
- White Harbor sprawl
- maybe some warps at Wull
- around /warp uffvillage
- maybe Lolliston
Thanks! I found a warp with some empty plots yesterday (forgot the name though..). Will check these out as well when I have the time.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hey Heerkarel! I'll take you up! Welcome to the team I'm hope you're having fun so far! Sorry if I'm a bit slow getting back to you I'm currently transitioning down to Florida and am having a lot of training days at my job and am hanging with my new roommates.

Reactions: _Benja and Kvothe

Kvothe

Storyteller
Hey Heerkarel! I'll take you up! Welcome to the team I'm hope you're having fun so far! Sorry if I'm a bit slow getting back to you I'm currently transitioning down to Florida and am having a lot of training days at my job and am hanging with my new roommates.
Not a problem! Thanks for having me!

Kvothe

Storyteller
Mental note to self: working on a house at csham4. Will update this post once completed.

Edit: done.
Coords are -1729 45 18012

Last edited:

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Okay Kvothe If i recall I was able to give you feedback on all but one house. Sorry, I will go back and check here soon. But overall the advice I have written down is to simply pay attention to use of space. There haven't been any what I like to call "major" offenses but you have some very minor issues. Almost down to petty details. If you have a large room, fill up the center by not outlining walls but having counters etc. project into the room. Avoid "Hall" houses aka, 3 wide interiors that end up being a hall (one block wide moving space) they're boring and feel significantly more cramped. Avoid filling up space for the sake of it, poor people were poor, they didn't have a lot an empty space isn't necessarily bad. Give Carpets some shape but don't make them "messy" either. Pay attention to object and think about the cost of the object, glass was expensive as well as books etc. Crates of food are usually for other people and not themselves. Just keep considering a layout you'd want in your home too, do you want it cramped? Or spacious? Do YOU need that many drawers? Or would 2 work. Sorry, this wasn't a one by one house feedback system however, I would be a broken record with each thus this overarching message of improvements you can.

Reactions: Kvothe

Kvothe

Storyteller
Okay Kvothe If i recall I was able to give you feedback on all but one house. Sorry, I will go back and check here soon. But overall the advice I have written down is to simply pay attention to use of space. There haven't been any what I like to call "major" offenses but you have some very minor issues. Almost down to petty details. If you have a large room, fill up the center by not outlining walls but having counters etc. project into the room. Avoid "Hall" houses aka, 3 wide interiors that end up being a hall (one block wide moving space) they're boring and feel significantly more cramped. Avoid filling up space for the sake of it, poor people were poor, they didn't have a lot an empty space isn't necessarily bad. Give Carpets some shape but don't make them "messy" either. Pay attention to object and think about the cost of the object, glass was expensive as well as books etc. Crates of food are usually for other people and not themselves. Just keep considering a layout you'd want in your home too, do you want it cramped? Or spacious? Do YOU need that many drawers? Or would 2 work. Sorry, this wasn't a one by one house feedback system however, I would be a broken record with each thus this overarching message of improvements you can.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll swing by the houses I already made and make the necessary adjustments, as well as take this into consideration with the next house.

Kvothe

Storyteller
Okay, so I havent vanished from the earth, but I have had a busy week at work and also privately had a few things to take care of. Tomorrow I'll go on vacation to Austria for a week, after that I'll be back and active!