Probation: GevSant

Gev.Sant

Mummer
Hi, this is my probation thread.
Welcome and make yourself comfortable, viewer and/or probation leader. ;)
I'll be posting my probationary builds here as soon as I make them ready, shiny and tasty.

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Ill be your probation leader, in the next month you have to build alteast 5 houses, if you will succeed and your building style will be up to the standard you will get promoted to a full builder, if not I will prolong the duration of your probation period!
Good Luck

Reactions: Gev.Sant

Gev.Sant

Mummer
Hello there! just finished a barn/storage house in /warp middlebury .
XYZ: 1098.245 / 62.00000 / 16748.349

Hope you like it!

Reactions: ItsPabs

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Build #1
replace the light grey stone arrow slits with light grey stone arrow slits windows - the ones you are using have more of a military design - therefore they should be used only for military buildings
I would like to see a crane or some sort of a pulley system in order to get all those crates up to the 2nd floor, right now carrying those crates up via the staircase would be impractical
Otherwise a nice and solid first build!

Build #2
Do not use thin logs and then fences ontop of them for supports use only one type of blocks for those, a support would have the same width throughout its entire length
mix in some of the muddy snow slab and mud into the dirt/gravel of the stable floor and the outside area to create a smoother transition

Build #3
Make sure the veggie patches are the same as everywhere else in the project
Please google medieval bread making - and try to replicate the oven used for it - they would bake the bread on hot embers after the fire was died out
limit the use of glass blocks (flagons) in lower class households, glass was an expensive commodity
get rid of the cauldron, I dont see any use for it
reduce the amount of storage blocks you use in all your builds, unless there is a specific reason to use them - such as a warehouse, right now the house has way too many
a baker would need a flour not grain to make bread
since you have a dedicated storage area in your house I would recommend moving almost all the storage blocks there and filling the empty space with additional beds and household essentials
you have firewood all over the place, why wouldnt they just use one spot to store it?
the stairbench outside of the house wouldnt stay standing, I would recommend avoiding such bench style, and instead use the one ive made next to it
try to have your straw carpet/groundcover in some sort of a shape rather than random blocks around, if its on the ground they would probably try to cover the entire floor with it for isolation
rope ladders are rather impractical, they are hard to climb and should be reserved only for special things, just use regular ladders
why is there a carpentry bench in the cupboard on the 2nd floor?, I also dislike the cabinet there, please check out other builds to see how cabinets should be used

Build #4
Again fix your stair benches, always think about how would your furniture stay up,
dont use thatch for as a cover for fire wood and similar things, use it on roofs and in general larger things
once again half of the feedback from your previous baker applies here aswell
make sure that your veggies are the same as the ones used everywhere else in the project
the bread oven dwarfs the house, try to make it smaller, explore other bakers for examples
try to avoid things with metal on them in lower class houses, iron was expensive
change yard to be at the same level as the ground floor of the house, check the house next to yours for ideas
the window with a slab in it is just weird
avoid placing benchblocks into the walls of the building
the clever is literally stuck in a STONE, use regular wood for the bench/table

Build #5
quite a decent house, however it requires a few tweaks
replace the rope ladder with a regular one
the barrel would be very hard to put up onto the shelf, get rid of it
make sure the thatch on the floor is covering most of the floor,
otherwise well done

Gev.Sant

Mummer
Hey! Thanks for checking them out! Sorry if I'm late, been busy with some stuff...I think I managed to correct everything you said, with some minor changes, for example in the first house I got rid of some of the storage upstairs instead of making a crane (there wasn't enough space and it's pretty illogical for a middle floor to have that much weight whatsoever).

Hope you like the improvements!

Reactions: _Simbaa

Gev.Sant

Mummer
Low class house at /warp ashfordmine1.
XYZ: -181.773 / 57.00000 / 17827.421

EDIT: Also just made the house next to it.

Last edited:

Gev.Sant

Mummer
Made a bunch of tents in Mance's camp (under Otty's supervision) at /warp mancecamp.
XYZ: -1593.150 / 47.00000 / -20420.300 (made both tents)
-1618.765 / 49.00000 / -20422.691 (also both tents)
-1631.025 / 47.00000 / -20360.847 (both tents as well)