Probation: Desmera Redwyne

Bandavassal2 houses:
20: Cattle farmer
-too many heavy things in the loft upstairs. They could not carry crates and barrels up a small ladder. Add baskets, a chamber pot, or clothing instead.

-Where the basket of oranges and crates are, under the clothes, I think a bed or some drawers would fit better here. This food has a ton of food storage for only 2 poor farmers. Food storage is good, but too much is bad.

-The roof needs better supports, there should only be 1 block between the stair blocks (rafters). You can fix this by doing 2 stairs with a slab in between on the middle section of the ceiling.

-The loft needs more support near where the ladder is. Just add an upside down stair to each side of the loft and it will be good.

21: Septons old house
-I left some melons where a window would be good. Right now, the build does not have enough windows.

-In general, its not good to have a loft right above the door. This is because it causes the house to seem cramped and tight. To help this, I might move the east door over one block.

-The food storage is a bit much. I added a melon suggesting to change one of the crates to a pot or basket slab. This is because it will help the food storage seem less large and messy.

Couldnt find the 23rd house, can I have coords please?
thanks
duck

Stoneysept lower class houses: across from cobbler
Skilled rogue house:
-Do thatch slabs on the roof instead of thatch blocks, it will look cleaner and less bulky
-Replace the gold pieces with something else, a very poor guy would not have gold just laying around
-Add a window or two to the bottom floor

Starved rat catcher house:
-Add some windows to the bottom floor
-Make sure roof supports are symetrical. Above the loft they are not evenly across from each other.
-Do thatch slabs on the roof, the blocks are too bulky

Multi tenant house:
-Nice exteriors. Only thing I would say is to make sure that vines are connected to the ground so they can get nutrients.
-For the attic on the east half of the house, do not have crates/barrels/heavy things. It would be very hard to carry up the ladder. I would also add another window, as it would get very hot up there during the summer.

Really nice build overall, one of your best ones yet!

Market:
-really well done! very good organization and variety.

Spicer (whitehabor)
-For the spice area, one way you can represent spice is by making a small container (with halfdoors or whatever) and using red or terracotta sand. Another way is by using chili pepper blocks. I would add both of these, and maybe replace the white grapes with one of them.
-The furnace contrasts with the surrounding wall too much. I would add a "small stone brick stairs" block above it, to make the contrast less sharp.
-In the bedroom, be careful with the thatch carpets getting too spotty. I might try to rework the carpet a bit to be cleaner.

Warehouse (whiteharbor)
-No problems here really, maybe add some grain storage and nets for fishing/ships.

So, it has officially been one month since you began your probation. You have come a long way during this time, and I am proud of the work you have done. I vouch for your building skills and recommend promotion to full builder. Visit a mod ingame to have your [N] removed. Here are some final tips I leave you with...

-Follow the style guide in the beginning. You have a great sense of art and style in your building, and this is a great skill that is hard to teach. It will serve you well in the future, but for now, stick to the established style. When you have your own project, you can use your creative freedom for great things, but in general it's better to make sure things are a common style throughout a project (for example, garden plots).

-Remember that most people are peasants. Even people with professions would generally not have gold pieces, fancy cabinets, or glass. Wealth is a very rare thing in westeros, so use it carefully.

-Remember how important structural aspects of building are. Always keep your rafters symetrical, your floors supported evenly, and your stairs kept strong. Also, don't forget about how furniture is heavy and would be hard to get in certain areas (up a ladder).

It was great being your probation leader, if you ever have other questions or need advice you can message me. Good luck and congratulations!
-Duck

Reactions: Emoticone11