Private Westeroscraft Server

hoosfoos

Mummer
I make this post almost everytime westeroscraft makes a major update to the server software.
With the update to using Minecraft 1.11.2 here it goes again.

As well as being an infrequent westeroscraft builder I'm also a high school art teacher in the real world. Almost as long as I've been a builder I've maintained a server using all of the westeroscraft "stuff" (westerosblocks mod, texture pack etc) We're not building the world of Westeros, but after building on Westeroscraft it's hard to go back to vanilla or try to cobble together mods to approximate it. Anyways, I usually get it to work again, sometimes with help, sometimes I figure it out myself.

So here's the issue this time, by adding in the forge files my server will boot up into 1.11.2 and I can get into the server. The problem? For some reason the westeroscraft blocks are not loading.
Here's what it looks like. All of the unique westeroscraft blocks are missing.
qAo5DdG.png

All of the blocks show up in the inventory but they cant be placed.
The mods folder contains both the westerosblocks-master-786... folder and the WesterosBlocks.jar (the jar file was the old way, the master folder seems to be the new way.

If anyone has any idea I'd love to hear it.
Btw, it's running on a linux server and I dont believe it's a permissions issue.
Thanks

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
This is more of a question for Mike, but what exactly is this master folder you're using? AFAIK installing mods is still done by putting a .jar file in the mods folder. Also, I'm assuming you have the WesterosBlocks mod in both the server-side and the client-side?

hoosfoos

Mummer
I've found in the past that using the directions in manually building the westeroscraft client has to links to the files I need, specifically the newest westeroscraft blocks file. The link on that page is where I got the "master folder"
Otherwise I just grab it from my client ( that's where I got the .jar from)
Those directions also provided the link to the forge, server and library files I needed.

mikeprimm

Playwright
Staff member
Admin
I'm OK with sharing the mod content needed to fire up a private 'WesterosCraft' client compatible server - most of the client Forge mods need to be kept in sync with one another, but the server has a bunch of Sponge mods that aren't in the client. These, as a rule, aren't critical to be kept 'lock step' with the ones we use in production - but I'm OK with setting up a thread similar to the manual client install thread to support it.

Reactions: hoosfoos