polopolo Builder Application

polopolo

Storyteller

France

I probably first saw a glimpse of the server on Reddit, but hadn't read the books by then so didn't pay much attention. After starting the books, I stumbled on the Youtube channel and immediately connected to take a look.

Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings (movies)

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

All of the above

Wyman Manderly.

He is very cunning through his use of his physical appearance as a cover for his true intentions. If it wasn't a cover, he wouldn't let his people openly mock him with various nicknames. This shows that he wants to be portrayed as craven and foolish, which helps him being underestimated and helps him in ADWD.

He is incredibly loyal to House Stark and is, in my opinion, one of the most loyal bannerman in the series. He proposes to build a northern fleet as well as restarting minting a northern currency. His speech to Davos in ADWD is perfect in so many ways. Those Davos chapters were one of my favorites chapters in the whole series.

I really love White Harbour as a city and the "feel" of his house. Finishing with his sasy replies to the Freys and the Frey pies, he is my favorite character.

This is quite an awkward question to answer, as I know the server already has many talented builders. I can only hope to be at their standards. I have passed many hours already on the server, from observing many different areas to how the community works on server builds, particularly the Red Keep. I have done many tests off-server from castle plans to different houses styles. I beleive this "experience" has given me a good grasp of the server's style and way of doing things.

When reading in general, you always imagine the universe in your mind. If there is an adaptation of the book as a movie or a series, it is great to see the universe as a concrete thing. However, any representation runs into budget or realism issues and this is no different to GOT. Although it is a bit different as I watched the show before the books, you still feel sometimes disappointed when you see something so different or pitiful compared to what you imagined or is described in the books. This is why Westeroscraft is so special, as you are allowed to fully represent the ASOIAF universe with no limitations (apart from apparent cubeness) and as closely to the original vision of GRRM.

Although visiting many parts of the map have been amazing, I wish to be part of the project and help to create the universe of ASOIAF as closely as possible.

This is where I had some additional information:
I have been wanting to apply for quite a long time (at least a year), but always hesitated because of the fact that I am in a boarding school in Scotland and that I cannot join during term time. Adding to the fact that I am in my final year of my A Level and applying to uni. I know that I won't be able to give a lot of my time to the server, but I still wish to build on the server when I have time. I told myself in the past that I would never have time but the reality is that I do, so I decided that I would apply now and see what comes out of it.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Approved by Emotione11 on Dec 29, 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey polopolo,

I'm happy to see you finally applying! :D

Your White Harbor house is very nice, you've nailed the interiors! My only suggestion for those would be perhaps playing around with rooms a little more, rather than having one large first floor, but it's not a big deal. The exteriors, while "passing", seem a little simple and I would challenge you in future builds to think of interesting ways to make it more detailed (while not doing anything messy of course).

For a challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. Good luck!

- Emote

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey polopolo, great work!

Your interiors are on-point again, I don't have any feedback there except for one minor thing: Never have multiple sides exposed on a cabinet/workbench, make sure to cover up all sides but one (for instance, by using half door blocks).

The exteriors are an improvement, and definitely fit with the woodwright style. I might raise the roof one block, it seems slightly cramped, at least from the perspective the image was taken in. Also, make sure to include details around the outside of the house- veggie garden, clothelines, barrels, wheelbarrows, foliage, etc. Those are the things that help make your build seem super realistic and immersive.

For a tentative final challenge, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp fairmarket. Good luck!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Oh sorry, for some reason the forums didn't send me a notification of your fairmarket update.

Anyways, you did an excellent job on this one! The exteriors are beautiful, and I see no other problems with the build. Consider yourself approved! Ask a mod in-game to promote you to New Builder if it doesn't do so automatically.

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide
And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server; a probie leader will post on your thread and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses until the end of the month, in which case you'll be fully promoted if there are no further problems.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D