Abandoned [OLD] Project Application: Bronzegate

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
[OLD FORUM REPOST - 3/13/18]

Note that only the most important information was preserved.

KanylKay said:
Resume: Major builds: Driftmark & Deep den.
Minor builds: Stonehouse & Wendwater (needs update thought)

My application for Bronzegate, castle of house Buckler.[DELETED]

Images

Hoppas ni uppskattar läsningen

(If i was not clear in my app for Grandview, I do by this app drop that application.)

Howy said:
Kanyl correct me if I am wrong, but I believe tsar that due to the vicinity of Bronzegate to the Red Mountains (the range bordering Cape Wrath) it has been chosen (despite the styleguide's map) to use the Marches palette (as most other of the castle that sit on that mountain range use that palette).

thecoddfish said:
I approve of this application. I understand that the style guide defines this castle as being in the Northern Stormlands style, but the aesthetic difficulties posed by working with stones that have such a marked contrast to the terrain is reason in my eyes to make amendment to the existing guide. The style guide is great, but we are constrained to some extent by the (equally great) map, and have to reach some compromise. Ollie, Noah, if one of you could make a revision to the guide that would be great, thanks.

KanylKay said:
Yeah, as i wrote in the app. I choose to use the marches-blocks due to terrainset ( brown blocks) and also that felwood uses such pallette. Noahs and ollies styleguide is great and i will/have used it for the plans, but they made it pre-sp2 and the light blocks of northen stormlands castles that is proposed looks weird with the acuall terrain. I do intend to follow the other guidelines/ suggestions they have made. The castle will be a nice cluster of eastern european gothic builidings. And the lands around the castle will be filled with small settlements.

Just as you, howyj and codd said/figured out.

Thx for the quick responses.

Tactical--> The drawings are from the concept art for the movie hotel transylvania. I often use concept artists and things found on Deviantart for inspiration for what to build and features to use/convert to minecraft.

Demodocus said:
I think you should drop Hamlet 1 on the Wendwater. I don't think that Bronzegate would control that much of the Kingswood and I think we should keep the Kingswood very unpopulated but fill it with fun wildlife things and hunting sites, not villages and hamlets. Some of the MMORPG wanted large areas not affiliated with certain houses and the Kingswood was one mentioned for a quest-specific region.

Bronzegate might control some of the woods to the northwest, but maybe split the difference. I really like the idea of the witch's hut and the Hunter's Camp. I think that a watchtower (maybe with a nice "bronze" gate) would be halfway from the Wendwater to the castle, marking the transition from Kingswood to Bronzewood and Crownlands to Stormlands.

KanylKay said:
I'd like to open up two minibuilds inside project Bronzegate up for intrested. Make a short application in this thread if you wanna give it a try. Make a little plan for the minibuild and with a nice little concept house.
These two builds are just the first wave of builds avable as the canon for Bronzegate is that the castle is supported by several settlements.
4ifzhyo.png

The open miniprojects are located at bronzegate4 & bronzegate3

Bronzegate4
Should be a village/hamlet governd by a landed knight in service of house Buckler. I'd like to se the settlement oriented towards cattle and you are allowed to build a small towerhouse(maybe just a small tower?) or a fortified house for the knight.
Other than that i give you free hands to invent what you like to fill the settlement with.
Thinks i appreciate is modest buildings with strong influences from real buildings. Use the terrain to create a cool settlement;)

Bronzegate3
A horsebreeder and all things needed and associated with that.
big pastures and fields to support the castles need for horses.
Go wild and have fun, maybe add a farrier, a wainwright ect. stables for a carrage?

One thing i think is importent for all the lands under house Buckler is the angles of the houses roofes. We currently lack thoses irl rather common angles of roofes that are representet at the castle and my testhouse. Try to incorporate those in your tests/builds;)

Here is a little Link to som insp pic for medieval houses to use;)
@5634493 said:
I approve of this application. I understand that the style guide defines this castle as being in the Northern Stormlands style, but the aesthetic difficulties posed by working with stones that have such a marked contrast to the terrain is reason in my eyes to make amendment to the existing guide. The style guide is great, but we are constrained to some extent by the (equally great) map, and have to reach some compromise. Ollie, Noah, if one of you could make a revision to the guide that would be great, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: