Abandoned [OLD] Project Application: Blackmont

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
[OLD FORUM REPOST - 3/13/18]

Note that only the most important information was preserved.

Redklink said:
Hey folks!
As you can (probably) see, I am applying for Blackmont! Here is the link to my Google doc:

I hope you like it! If you have suggestions, feedback, ideas, tell me in-game, in the comments or in a private message on the forum. I'll gladly consider it!

Alright, have a nice day,
Redklink :D

SMP said:
My concern (that I talked to you about in-game the other day) is that Blackmont isn't really a marches castle. It's way in the Dorne area. Like, builds that are super Dornish like Kingsgrave and Skyreach are right there next to you. On top of all that I don't think those dark browns really look nice against the bright green grass and sand.

Architecturally, I don't think that hall really looks Dornish either. I know you're trying to mix Marches and Dorne, but it feels extremely reachy (or valey) with it's tall windows and steep roof.

As far as layout goes, I think your farms should be along the riverside, with lots of irrigation going on. There's also not really any reason for beacon towers, as the river is too thin for any ships. Any small poleboats travelling wouldn't need any beacons, let alone towers.

Redklink said:
Well, hi again!
Link to the app (still the same, I just changed it a lot):

Updates:
-Screw that hall. It was a quick test I made and I thought it looked good... But, it isn't really dornish, so, yeah.
-Farms. They are now along the river, for most. On the left side on the map, the one in the mountain will be a small vineyard, if that's ok. On the bottom right side, the large farm is quite a bit back of the river... But some cliffs made it impossible to put it nearer. So, my question for this is: Could I make a small lake/pond (I'm not quite sure what the good word is) with a small stream that flows down to the river? It'd look good, make sense and allow for a farm up there.
-Beacons? I removed them all. It was a Marches thing.

Finally, sorry if I forgot anything about the Marches in the app, but I think not.
So? What do you guys think? :D

Redklink said:
Hey! Blackmon can start again! Yahoo! Here is a map for the main settlement, that I changed a bit. Its reaaally sketchy, sorry for your eyes ;) Note that the roads and the house disposition inside the village will not be as they are on the map!
jcIgYz1.png
[/img]
@4879876 said:
Well, hi again!

Updates:
-Screw that hall. It was a quick test I made and I thought it looked good... But, it isn't really dornish, so, yeah.
-Farms. They are now along the river, for most. On the left side on the map, the one in the mountain will be a small vineyard, if that's ok. On the bottom right side, the large farm is quite a bit back of the river... But some cliffs made it impossible to put it nearer. So, my question for this is: Could I make a small lake/pond (I'm not quite sure what the good word is) with a small stream that flows down to the river? It'd look good, make sense and allow for a farm up there.

Finally, sorry if I forgot anything about the Marches in the app, but I think not.

Redklink said:
Hey guys! :)
With all the terraform going on, I need a new plan for the Blackmont lands!
So, here is what I thought:

iJVnv6.png

Can I get your thoughts/approvals?
Thanks!

-Redk
@4879876 said:
Well, hi again!

Updates:

Redklink said:
Hey!
So I did a couple modifications and thought about some things:

1- I removed the village in the mountains north of the castle, and added some fields/village along the river.

2- The pink zones are guides for me and Stein: in the dark pink zone, I'd put more vegetation, farms, forests and houses, since it's kind of the "suburbs" of the castle. The lighter pink zone is pretty much the same thing but more sparingly populated and vegetated (is that even a word) due to the fact that it's across the river and the Torentine is hard to cross.
Like SMP said, the pink zones would be where I'd put more varied and interesting things.

3- I totally agree on the castle: it needs some updates, and not just interiors in my opinion. I hope I see you soon (emit) on the server so we can discuss about that!

rVnaXL.png