Minecraft 1.11 migration issues thread

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Porting this thread over from the old forums, since there are still a few issues and tweaks (mostly minor) at this point. @mikeprimm

Functionality issues
  • Some users report teleportation (/tp) glitching sometimes, returning the message "The teleportation was cancelled". Seems to happen after doing WorldEdit commands (especially working with //copy and //paste), is fixed by relogging.
  • There seems to be an issue with WorldEdit double-executing brush commands, particularly when trying to brush a target close to you. On the other hand, sometimes a brush isn't applied on the first click.
  • The issue previously reported with double chest blocks causing WorldEdit to fail still seems to be a problem on the Production server.

Playability issues
  • Weather changes are annoyingly common, happening nearly every couple minutes. This applies to both vanilla weather and DynamicSurroundings weather, presumably. Both should be disabled completely on the server except for manually changing weather with /weather or /pweather.

Texture issues
  • Vanilla carpet blocks appear incorrectly from the dynmap- they use the base wool texture rather than the CTM one which gives them the "correct" texture. Some other custom blocks appear black on the dynmap also.

Minor issues
  • The "world saving"/"world saved" text shouldn't show up in chat, it leads to clutter.
  • Rain doesn't seem to be showing up now during /weather storm or /pweather storm- not sure what the issue here is, it was working before.
  • In the WesterosNew world, the spawn happens to coincide with a castle (/warp thering), which makes it so people can't place/break blocks or walk through doors or anything around that area. This should be disabled, or if it can't be disabled, the spawn should be moved to somewhere remote on the map (such as the middle of the Dornish desert). I'd do it myself, but I don't have access to /setspawn.
  • Rockets can probably just be banned for guests

Deferred to Emote
  • Vanilla blocks should get "Do Not Use" texture

Reactions: mikeprimm