MilkyJoe Builder Application

MilkyJoe

Mummer

United Kingdom

After already being incredibly interested in the Game of Thrones series and the first ASOIAF book, I heard about this project online.

Lord of The Rings

Game of Thrones

All of the above

With Robb Stark, Tyrion and Tywin up there as well, Jamie Lannister takes the favourite spot for me as his character arc and gradual character development is so well written and interesting. I almost always forget how evil he seemed in the beginning.

My need for things to be perfected has made me extremely patient. Criticism will merely encourage me to carry on until builds are flawless.

As well as being a big fanatic of the creative side of Minecraft, my interest in the ASOIAF universe has made me want to see it brought to the virtual world. I would feel very pleased to be part of a project as committed and large as this one.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey MilyJoe,
Thanks for your application and glad to see you're a fan of GoT and the fantasy genre, you've come to the right place!

You've done a nice job with your first house, you've clearly put a lot of thought into the smaller details and exploring all our custom blocks.

I'll give you some general notes and tips which should help with future builds.
- You've done well with making a nice modest low class farming house. With a few small changes a house like this would fit nicely in a town like Hawthorne.
- I like the mix of stone bricks and the daub looks nice and symmetrical, I would only suggest making the chimney the same sandstone brick as the foundations as well.
- The thatch roof might be just a little too clumpy and uneven. Though it's good to mix the thatch stairs up a little bit, we'd normally aim for thatch to look something like this:
AF2s8zg.png

- We also try to avoid using the wooden log blocks to frame houses these days as it tends to look a bit clunky and repetitive, you'd be fine to just continue the daub.
- You're on the right track with the yard as well, you'll usually have the space to make it a little bigger and add some small details like a veggie patch/washing line.

You're definitely off to a good start, it you haven't already, take a look at the other suggestions on the wiki page http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Basic_Building_Guide_for_Applicants as well as /warp furnish for more tips.

For the first challenge build, please make an average sized middle class house in the style of /warp whsprawl. Take a look at the styleguide at the warp and the finished houses in the White Harbor area and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/baker/boat builder, netmaker).

Good luck!