Mati1i Builder Application

Mati1i

Mummer
What is your age?
13-16

In what country are you living?
Poland

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I really like the character of Petyr Baelish, because he was one step ahead of everyone.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I like Sept, especially the water reflection illusion in the entrance.

Why do you want to join our server?
I would like to develop my building skills and bring happiness to everyone

Tell us about your build.
My build is a semi-detached house for 2 families. Designed for the middle class. Oak planks go well with white stone and cobblestones. The closed garden with a pond is a good place for children to play and rest.

2020-08-04_23.56.33.png2020-08-04_23.58.00.png2020-08-04_23.58.40.png2020-08-04_23.59.04.png2020-08-04_23.59.27.png2020-08-05_00.00.12.png2020-08-05_00.01.07.png2020-08-05_00.02.26.png2020-08-05_00.03.26.png2020-08-05_00.07.24.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Mati,

Thanks for the application, and sorry for the delayed response!

Overall an interesting house, and very nice details and foliage around it. However, it's not really in any of the building styles found on our server. Some brief feedback:

- The layout of the house is rather unusual; a standard middle-class house would likely just have a rectangular or T-shaped plot.

- Avoid using log blocks in houses, as well as other unecessary details like the wood buttons. In this case, you should just have a stone foundation (make sure to give it a gradient too, /warp gradient on the server for a tutorial), and then daub & wattle for the main structure. Don't mix daub & wattle with wood planks or logs.

- The overhang on the sides of the house is too much; also, try to make the roof entirely 45-degrees rather than flat on the top.

- The interiors are way too sparse, and don't really feel like realistic medieval interiors. Making a smaller overall layout will hep with this. Also, check out /warp furnish on our server.

Before continuing with the application, I recommend taking a while to study some recent builds on our server, such as: /warp Duskendale, /warp Woodwright, /warp Whiteharbor, /warp Gaunt, etc. Look at what houses in those styles do, and try to mimick those elements in your own builds. When you're ready, please make an original house in one of the above styles of your choosing.

-Emote