Launcher not working

proactivealex

Mummer
So i have been reading past forum posts about the launcher not working and none of the solutions work, such as putting more ram on the launcher. uninstalling and re installing the launcher and Java etc etc.

The error i keep getting is ''Could not create java virtual machine''
i have a screenshot of the error code and the error as it appears in the log.

im using a windows 10, 8Gb ram laptop. i also have a 16Gb gaming laptop which is having the exact same launcher issue.
I actually logged into the server without error on my old Macbook, but that mac is very underpowered and it cannot handle the massive builds on the server, so i want to use my windows laptop instead.

Check out the screenshots i attached.

Can anyone give me a solution to this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_209.png
    Screenshot_209.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_212.png
    Screenshot_212.png
    4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_211.png
    Screenshot_211.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 6

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi proactivealex,

I believe you need to install the 64-bit version of Java (x64) rather than the 32-bit version (x86). The 32-bit version tends to cause problems if you try to increase the memory too much, for some reason. Once you install the x64 version of Java, redownload the launcher and then try again.

Hope this helps!
Emote

proactivealex

Mummer
Thank you so much
Hi proactivealex,

I believe you need to install the 64-bit version of Java (x64) rather than the 32-bit version (x86). The 32-bit version tends to cause problems if you try to increase the memory too much, for some reason. Once you install the x64 version of Java, redownload the launcher and then try again.

Hope this helps!
Emote

Thank you so much! that worked perfectly

Reactions: Emoticone11