Kedanox Builder Application

Kedanox

Mummer
I am 16 years old

I am from Germany but at the moment I'm living in New Zealand.

I looked on youtube for videos about Moat Cailin and found one of the WesterosCraft Walks. After watching a few videos I really wanted to check out the server and while reading through the signs at the spawn I found out that every one can apply to become a builder.

Yes, I am a big fan of Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings and Eragon etc.

All of the above

My favourite character is Tywin Lannister because I like he is a very good strategist and knows and does what needs to be done. Or he makes other people do it for him.

I can look at a building site and will see where something would fit or a new structure could be build.

I am also fluent in German ;)

I am a huge fan of ASOIAF and love creating things especially with a lt of small details. I play Minecraft since 2014 and improved my building skills since then. But I wasn't to happy just playing Vanilla always on my own. Sometimes I played with friends but never on a server because I couldn't find the right one. Until now, WesterosCraft is such a cool project and I would love to help to create this amazing world that I love reading about.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Kedanox,

Thanks for the application! Your house seems like a pretty good start. It fits the theme of our server well, though is in a style which is generally considered outdated now. Nonetheless, I think we can get you up to current server standards pretty quickly. I'll start out with some feedback:

- Using log blocks in houses is one of the aspects which is considered outdated, as the logs make it seem too clunky and not super realistic.

- Avoid having messy/lumpy thatch rooves. Instead, you should make a neat thatch roof with an even slope (either 45 degrees using thatch stairs, or 60 degrees using a block/stair/block/stair pattern).

- Make sure candles are placed vertically on top of some surface, rather than sticking on the side of the wall. Since otherwise they would just melt and fall off.

Before moving on, I would check out some more modern examples of rural houses on our server around /warp klsprawl. There's also helpful resources at /warp furnish and /warp gradient which you should check out (if you haven't already).

Once you're ready, for a challenge build please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp sweetport. Middle-class are the ones with white daub&wattle and bedrock slate rooves. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Good luck!

-Emote