JARRYN Builder Application

JARRYN

Mummer

The Netherlands

I’ve known about Westeroscraft for quite some years. I first got to know the server trough the Westeroscraft Walks videos on Youtube, when they were still made by Dutchguard (that was his username I think). He got me interested in the server.

I’ve always been interested in the works of Tolkien, even books such as the Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin.

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

It has been a few years since I last read the ASOIAF books, but my favourite character must probably be Ser Barristan Selmy. What I like about him is that he isn’t a real “schemer” like a lot of other characters, although I think he does do a bit of that in Dance of Dragons. He just tries to do the right and honourable thing and he manages to not get himself killed that way (as of yet).

I haven’t played Minecraft in quite some years, when I used to play it with some friend on XBOX, in which our builds weren’t that good or anything. Because of that, I don’t think I would be bringing any special skills to the server, but I’m eager to learn and with some practice I could probably contribute a bit to the server.

I would like to build on this server because I have quite an interest in the world created by G.R.R.M.. While I don’t think my building skills are as of yet good enough for the server, I’m eager to contribute and ad a bit of my own work to this magnificent (that’s not meant as hyperbole ;)).

https://imgur.com/a/ykZJpPD

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey thanks for applying Jarryn! So, you’re not too far off from our style, you have the simplicity most peasant houses would have down pat. However, there are a few minor critiques I have

1) the daub pattern is wonky, take a look around towns and villages in game to get a better feel, remember that the wooden bits of the blocks represent the actual support of the building and just have a twig/mud/plaster infill between them.

2) the size of your house is more a shed than house, often a rural home was fairly larger in size and did include some luxuries (wooden plates, blankets and homemade knickknacks come to mind. People always love there knickknacks)

3) the table is rather vanilla and probably would not be in the house, as space would be precious in such a tony home. Which leads me to

4) having a chest and crate seems odd, the chest is so small it doesn’t appear it would hold much of their few possessions and you have no place to store food.

5) you have wasted attic space :(

so, I think you just need some guidance and therefore I’m gonna give you a series of challenges to help improve your building skills to meet our standards. Please for your first challenge build a house in the style of KL sprawl (outside the walls all around the city)good luck!