Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
_Deathtrooper_

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Germany

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Well, I like everything about the books - I have my problems with the series from season 5 onwards, but that's rather beside the point. But "everything" is very rough, so if I had to choose one thing it would be the incredibly good and deep worldbuilding. The world of ice and fire is not only a place where a story takes place but the places themselves tell a story, the world feels real. But I also love the incredibly well-written characters and the mystery aspect of the book series. And so much more, but I don't want to write a novel here, so I'll end here :)

What is your favorite build on our server?
Also an incredibly difficult question. Of course, now I could just say "Kings Landing" and of course Kings Landing is incredible - Great work. But no.

I've been exploring the server a bit over the last few days and three buildings in particular have caught my eye. Firstly, the Pride flags on the High Tower are great! (Just kidding, they're still great). No, really: I think Summerhall, Casterly Rock and Highgarden are incredibly good buildings. An honourable mention also goes to Winterfell and the Eyrie.

Why do you want to join our server?
I already applied a few years ago, but then some things got in the way and with the end of season 8 my love for this world was extinguished. But House of the Dragon brought it back and I thought I'd give it another try. I love the world of ice and fire, I love these stories and I love building in Minecraft. So it would be a great honour for me to participate in a project like Westeroscraft.

2022-09-10_23.25.40.png2022-09-10_23.25.44.png2022-09-10_23.25.48.png2022-09-10_23.25.51.png2022-09-10_23.25.56.png2022-09-10_23.26.30.png2022-09-10_23.26.41.png2022-09-10_23.26.45.png2022-09-10_23.27.01.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Jan, nice to see you trying it again! Let's hope House of the Dragon lives up to our expectations hehe. Regarding the apphouse, nice work! I see no issues with it. With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building here. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in our server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area we tell you.

Your next challenge will be to build a house in the style of /warp Kerseyford with a yard. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Have fun!​

Reactions: Rexstop15

Jan_Deathtrooper

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Jan, nice to see you trying it again! Let's hope House of the Dragon lives up to our expectations hehe. Regarding the apphouse, nice work! I see no issues with it. With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building here. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in our server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area we tell you.

Your next challenge will be to build a house in the style of /warp Kerseyford with a yard. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Have fun!​
I hope so too, but I am very confident.

About the house: I will try to build it in the course of the next week.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Jan, nice work with the house, looks very cute! Now I will give you some feedback about it:​
  • Instead of randomly placing blocks to make the dirt around the house you should try to gradient it. For example the stormlands dry pebbles could appear sporadically where dirt touches grass: In the picture bellow you can see what I mean: the main mix is dirt and gravell, the lighter stormlands pebble are used next to grass, sometimes, and pine needles are more concentrated.
    2021-08-18_01.37.59.png
  • When doing a house yard is best if you make it bigger than what you did and with a polygonal/regular shape rather than a more bubbly/irregular shape. There's a lot of stuff that you could add on a yard: crops, a chicken coop, a place for one or two pigs, goats, space for drying clothes... Also Kerseyford used mostly stone as a border for its yards rather than vegetation. I like the idea of the rose bushes though! That area of the Reach is really flowery and it fits nicely. I would keep it to one small bush in a corner of the yard and have the border, as I said, made of stone.​
  • The interiors look quite nice! Just one small thing, I think you forgot of adding a stone gradient to the chimney, you can use the same as the outside.​
  • Another minor thing, more a detail than anything. Moss wouldn't thrive on the chimney due to the heat irradiated by it, in most cases.​
It may seem like a lot but overall you did pretty good. For your next challenge you will have to make a house in the style of /warp Amber. Good luck and have fun!

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Jan! Nice work! I have very little feedback to give, basically some detailing stuff:​
  • I would add some other vegetable/crop other than cabbage. Having another food source is always convinient, and and also it looks more visually interesting. You could have half and half.​
  • I would add a bit more fescue in the roof grass.​
For your next challenge go to /warp Oatown and build a house with a yard and a profession of your choice. Good luck and have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
No pressure Jan! Take the time you need to do your app. The only one here who should answer within a week is me hahahaha. In any case I appreciate you letting me know that you will take some time to respond.​

Reactions: Jeffjunior77