Completed Immersion Build - Horse Breeder near Stoney Sept - by DylanLovesYouJP

DylanLovesYouJP

Faith Militant
Builders: DylanLovesYouJP

Location: X: -1247, Y: 40, Z: 11460 (Southeast of Stoney Sept)

Inspiration
Feudal society relies heavily on horses, they’re used for the transportation of goods between the countryside and towns, for ploughing fields, for carrying knights and lords in battle; they need to come from somewhere. I propose to use a swathe of unoccupied land to the southwest of Stoney Sept to set up a horse breeder. The complex will be loosely based on the three horse traders in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Plans
The complex will be home to a large stable, grain barn, smith and living quarters for the grooms with much of the surrounding land being taken up by pastures for the horses.

Key:
1. Groom's Residence
2. Small Forge
3. Stables and Granary
4. Pasture

Tests
The build style will be in keeping with the already established rural style of the areas beyond the walls of Stoney Sept.

The test can also be viewed in-game on my plot: /warp dylan.

Thanks for reading!

jackromey1993

Mummer
I'm putting together a map of which lords control which areas of the Seven Kingdoms and I'm coming to a blank on Stoney Sept. For such a prominent, visited place, I can't seem to a definitive answer of who is the lord of it, or a minimum whose land it is on. Geographically it seems to be closest to House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest, but they are never said to be the lords of it. The only map I could find that assigned a lord to them just said it was Tully land, but I got the sense that was assigned more as a default, as their land is nowhere near Stoney Sept.

Last edited:

Luciano_I

Mummer
Westeros seems to have a variety of goverment systems all coexisting, while the feudal contract between a lord and a lord paramount seems to be quite standard, the case of towns and cities maybe more complex. We hear in WOIAF that towns and cities get charters, specificaly mentioned for the Riverlands, that could mean a disatachment (based from historical examples) from the local lord and a more direct link to a higher representative in the feudal hierarchy. Given the lack of specific info about who rules theese lands, its safe to asume that the everyday work could be done by a town council, with Lord Tully serving as a judge and mediator in importand cases. There is also mention of a knight stationed in Stoney Sept, but that could be a strictly military post.