[OLD] How to play WesterosCraft using Vanilla Minecraft launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRazor

Mummer
Now, I'm quite new to the server in general but I believe this could help a lot of people looking to play on WesterosCraft without using its custom launcher. You're going to need Forge for Minecraft 1.11.2 installed which you can find here: https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.11.2.html

It's actually quite simple but it does take some time. I'll be doing this step by step for you peeps since that's the only idea I have.

Step 1: Download the WesterosCraft custom launcher. Yes, I know that for the most part you and many others are here because the custom launcher doesn't work for you, just trust me on this.

Step 2: Open your WesterosCraft launcher and login to your real Minecraft account. This will make it so you can download the necessary files to be able to play on the WesterosCraft server.

Step 3: As mentioned in the previous step you will be downloading the files needed to play on the WesterosCraft server. Now, if your custom launcher is working properly you should be able to click update in the bottom right hand side of the launcher (next to your Minecraft username). This will begin the process of downloading the files.

Step 4: If everything goes well you should now have the files for WesterosCraft. In the top left corner there is a settings option, click on it and go over to launcher. From there you can see the instance root which is where your WesterosCraft files are. Now you can go into your files and go through the exact path it shows you in the WesterosCraft launcher.

Step 5: Don't worry, you're almost there. Now open your vanilla Minecraft launcher and click on "Launch Options". This is where you can find your vanilla Minecraft files. Now you probably already have a Minecraft instance installed on your computer and as long as it is using Forge 1.11.2 this should work. Click on the instance you are going to use and rename it to WesterosCraft. Now, from here you can decide to use the default Minecraft directory or use a new one in which it will reinstall Minecraft in that directory. Once you have everything worked out and Minecraft is installed where you want it to be (again, it needs to be Forge 1.11.2, this is crucial) you can now copy the mod files and texture pack files from the WesterosCraft files into your vanilla Minecraft directory. Now right click the mod folder and click copy and then go to your vanilla Minecraft directory and right click in that thing and click paste. Woohoo now all you have to do is the same thing with the resource pack in WesterosCraft.

Now, from here you can go to your vanilla Minecraft and click play on your WesterosCraft instance. Also you can delete all the WesterosCraft launcher files because they're not being used anymore.

Well, I hope this helped you out and I hope you enjoy your stay on WesterosCraft.

Sincerely, Lunar

Status
Not open for further replies.