Fire & Blood hype thread

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Volume 1 of Fire and Blood is to be released on November 20.

GRRM said:
This first volume covers all the Targaryen kings from Aegon I (the Conqueror) to the regency of Aegon III (the Dragonbane), along with their wives, wars, siblings, children, friends, rivals, laws, travels, and sundry other matters. For those not up on your Westerosi history, that's Aegon I, Aenys, Maegor the Cruel, Jaehaerys I (the Conciliator), Viserys I, Aegon II (and Rhaenyra), and Aegon III (the regency). Oh, and there are dragons too.

Lots of dragons.

Of course, the story doesn't end with the regents of Aegon III. There is a lot more history to come, and Archmaester Gyldayn will get to all that too, in FIRE & BLOOD, Volume Two. But that one is a few years down the pike.
The book will have 80 black-and-white illustrations by Doug Wheatley.

j2cuuuv3pvj4wxivqqpt.jpg

Prince Aemond on Vhagar chases Prince Lucerys on Varax.

rvmsf3fdwittq1ecqwcu.jpg

Orys Baratheon slays Argilac the Arrogant.

e3k2kq9s1fdxxh6gubzp.jpg

King Aegon 1
p16reezgaib0jarxqxe9.jpg

Queen Rhaenys

I think there's a great chance we'll see some more illustrations and descriptions of places like Dragonstone and Oldtown and yay dragons

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
HYPE TRAIN WOOT.

But probably same information as in World of Ice and Fire. Maybe a little more detail. What would be sick is a little historian's debate e.g. Archmaester such and such says this. Such and such refutes it but in a dry and boring work stacked with evidence so no one cares

Reactions: lemonbear