ESL1 Builder Application

ZEZEWALK

Bard
What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
England, UK

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The attention to detail and worldbuilding. The sheer amount of lore surrounding the Red Keep and Winterfell really shows in the server builds. I also like the way events in medieval history inspired ASOIAF.

Like medieval times, people can suffer for any reason and/or none at all depending on class and period. It's hard not to be empathetic when events like wars and famine/illness lead into each other, while nobles and bandits wage war:
“The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends."

What is your favorite build on our server?
Storm's End because of the consistency and the lived-in feel of the build.

Why do you want to join our server?
I have a good eye for detail and can tell when something fits the canon, and is physically possible (e.g. drawbridge mechanisms). I'm intimately familar with ASOIAF, and the show I suppose. I'm already having a lot of fun just wandering the server and asking questions

A butcher shop built in the Vale urban/town style for him and his wife, built using dark cobblestone, spruce and thatch. The butcher does brisk business making fresh and cured sausages for locals and travellers. There is a pigpen in the back (though I'm unsure whether animal pens should look like that).

The interior features an area for hanging meats, deboning and sausage curing. There is seating for 5 at the table. Behind a privacy screen made of spruce half doors, there's a double bed with a candle and a little nook for placing items. In the attic above the bed, some salt, grain and flour is stashed away that his wife will use to cook meals.

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png06.png07.png08.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snoooow! You know nothing, and nor do I!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Efx3
Thanks for your interest in the server and patience while we reviewed your application, love the GoT enthusiasm.
Nice work with this northern style house , I can see you've put thought into it explored the server for inspiration and you've included a lot of nice ideas and elements.

There's not a lot of feedback I can give, you've done a really good job with this one.
The shape and overall style of the house is close to some of houses you might see around Winterfell/Dreadfort, so you've done well to emulate that style.

I would suggest using a little more variety with the stone brick mix, in the northern biome the Dark Cobblestone mixes blends well with Cobblestone and Northern Cobblestone.
1595037207314.png

Otherwise I like the restraint you've shown with the choice of interior block details, though the yard could use a little more love, try swapping out the grass in the more trafficked areas, adding some shrubbery, vege patch etc.

Otherwise you're off to a good start, for your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also, if you haven't already, take a look a the Basic Building Guide for some more tips, examples and Do's and Don'ts that will help on future builds.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

ZEZEWALK

Bard
Unfortunately due to IRL preoccupations (e.g. jury duty) I burned through my "month" worth of research & build time. Could I complete this challenge in the next week, or have more time to complete the challenge?

Reactions: ContraBlonde

ZEZEWALK

Bard
I will have to withdraw from the next stage, my bad. I'm now busy with interviews and can't make good on building.