Completed Edgerton

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey JG, you haven't even copied your application since the migration and haven't asked an E since all that time, so stop bumping everyday... it won't incite us to read this.
Also, who was your E before? We don't have any free E right now, so I'm afraid you'll have to either ask an e-lite or learn to do it by yourself. For that, you should refer to the tutorials made on oldwold (south of /warp summer17).

7JG7

Playwright
In my defence no one has taught me or told me how to copy across my application. I needed to bump in order to get the attention this situation needs that has already been giving to other similar applications in a much significantly shorter time allowance. My editor was Chep4007 and he has not been on for over a month now. In respects to who does my world edit I do not mind if they are an E or E-lite. Lastly I have asked mods in game in the past to give me E powers in the test world in order to practice, as I cannot get it through the normal forge websites due to my virus protection programmes, yet they didn't. I do hope I did not come off as too savage, yours faithfully 7.

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
I had the chance to check this out today and I'm very happy with the result!

There is some work left, mostly on the terraforming-side:

2018_02_01_15_31_56.png

There is stone mixed into groundmix of the small forest-extension on the eastern side of your project. The minimap shows the border very well. Please remove those - I suggest replacing them with leaves. Overall I'd advice to add a few more leaves and maybe a few forest plants, otherwise it looks like grasslands with jungle bushes.

2018_02_01_15_32_12.png

This is the hamlet next to the forest. I don't like the whole fence borders, especially at the height difference. If you move height change more away from the yards. Maybe change some borders to hedges, if you like. Also, the clothline is no good place for spiderwebs :D.

2018_02_01_15_34_35.png

This is your other hamlet. Again no fan of the fence border, especially at this 45 degree angle. Consider changing (parts) to a hedge. Also, while the 45 degree house fits the angle of the road I find it highly unaesthetic. Consider changing it at least to a 60 degree angle.

2018_02_01_15_33_33.png

I like the few trees you placed along the hills. I would consider adding a few more trees along the hills and maybe even very few along the hedges of the fields. However, it does not make sense to have that many trees around a windmill, people would cut them down so they don't interfere with the mill. Remove at least one fo the two groves next to the mill.

2018_02_01_15_32_46.png

The fields are already quite steep on the left side, but on the right side it is almost at an 45 degree angle. I'd do a poly-selection and move the whole top a block down first, and then smooth the remaining border a bit.

2018_02_01_15_42_35.png

Your pastures have entryways and small huts, great! However the ground and grass mix is not very pleasing. Overall I'd hope to see pastures like at /warp byrch or /warp rollingfordhamlet. If you do not want to redo them completely you should at least remove all plants growing on gravel and dirt aswell as changing around 40-50% of the savannah tall gras to a normal 31:1/31:2 mix. Right now the amount is very irritating. When replacing them make sure to not replace 2 blocks high grass! If you need help with how to do this, just ask me. Otherwise I'd prefer the total overhaul of the groundmix, which should not take too long either.

That's enough criticism. The holdfast and castle are looking great! Especially the lower storeys of the keep are very realistic norman keeps, well done. After my feedback is adressed consider this project approved.

Attachments

• 2018-02-01_15.31.56.png
    2018-02-01_15.31.56.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

7JG7

Playwright
Im very disappointed with your feedback about the fences,pastures and fields, considering when in game I asked you about them and you said they where fine. The trees give cover to the mill so raiders or possible enemies don't see it and burn it down. I personally love the houses in the hamlet and don't think they need to change, finally I'm fine with a mod changing the floor of the forest because me and duck had difficulty with getting the right balance between the new and original forest.

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
The fences aren't my main concern here, and like I said you can keep those. Just make sure to fix the fences directly at the height change of the ground.

For the house, that's ok with me, I just think it's not too aesthetic.

Concerning the forest I'm sure Duck can handle that by simply replacing the stone blocks in that area with the leaves block, and changing the jungle fern to 50%jungle fern 50%something else (like bracken, ladyfern).

The fields are beautiful, nice small hedges around, and also entrys: no problem there. The field feedback was just meant for that one location in the picture, which is to the south-eastern side. At that location they are too steep, around the castle and elsewhere I haven't found a problem.

I don't think trees are a successful cover from raiders. And it totally does block the wind.

I have to object concerning the pastures. I am 100% sure that I told you about the ground and gras mix, as I've seen that months ago.
The total random ground mix does not reflect the way these pastures are used. You can go for a random mix with dirt, gras and gravel, but for the mud areas be sure to place that in locations that are used the most - meaning ways between stable and entry, beyond trees, at water and so on. I'd also advice adding a dirt/gravel border around the mud, as a transition to the gras.
As for the gras mix - expect maybe for special biomes - we do not place plants on dirt and gravel in pastures/meadows/grassland in general.

So no reason to be disappointed here...