Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
All of the above

Got 2, Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow, i like Tyrion more in the earlier seasons and Jon in the latest seasons. They both are great characters with alot of depth and storyline. Jon is the typical down to earth goodguy and Tyrion is a sarcastic goodguy who also has his own view on points.

I think i'm just a guy who always has fun while playing with other people, i'm a good teamplayer and just a humble dude. I also just love to build buildings in mediavel/fantasy styles and really like the look of it.

+ i'm a fast learner :)

I always wanted to join the westeroscraft server but never had the time to apply, now I think it's the right time. Just started again with minecraft and the only thing that interests me at the moment is the westeroscraft server. Yesterday I met a couple of the other builders from the server and they are really nice guys, I think I would have alot of fun with them.

Therefore i really want to contribute something to this amazing project.

The pictures of my build got mixed up, sorry for the inconvenience.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Approved by Emotione11 on Oct 11, 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Endymion

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey deadbody,

Thanks for the application! Your house is a really good start, I can tell you've spent some time studying our style already. So I'll jump right into the feedback:

- Try to be very mindful of contrast between blocks. You want to avoid having lighter blocks next to much darker blocks, which creates ugly contrast. For example, in your house you have spruce wood next to oak wood. Try using jungle and oak instead, or jungle and spruce. These pairs don't contrast nearly as much.

- Also, whenever you're mixing blocks in a palette or gradient (wood included), always try to avoid random noise (i.e. just placing the secondary block randomly). Instead, what I do is this: First, make the house using only a primary block (oak wood, for instance). Some parts of the house might have enough details already that they don't even need a secondary block to look good. Otherwise though, start adding a secondary block in continuous "blobs" where corrosion might happen. So for instance, adding a "blob" of jungle wood where the wood on your house might be stained or rotting. There's a good tutorial on this at /warp gradient on our server; although that one is for stone gradients, the principle is pretty universal.

- While I get that you're trying to show that the house isn't in good state, I think that adding a bunch of holes in the side isn't a great way to show it and just makes it seem aesthetically messy. Combined with the thing I said above about continuous "blobs" of jungle wood to show rot, I would try to work on more subtle ways to show disrepair.

- The "horn" on the roof doesn't make sense with thatch. Though that's done in the North sometimes, it's only with wood or slate rooves that have structure to them.

- Never have flat thatch rooves on anything (such as your firewood shed), since the thatch collapses like that (especially in places which get snow in the winter). I'd try to work on a design for the firewood shed that's a little less clunky anyways.

- The interiors seem pretty good! The only feedback I have there really is to make sure to always cover up all sides except for one of workbenches/cabinets, such as here. You can usually do this with half door blocks.

Overall though, I think you should get it after doing a few example builds in different styles. For the first challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp sweetport (middle-class are the ones with white daub&wattle and black slate rooves). Feel free to ask if you have any questions, good luck!

-Emote

Reactions: deadbody12

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey deadbody,

You did a good job overall with this house! The exteriors seem mostly fine this time around, I have more feedback on the interiors though.

- The only issue I have with the exteriors is that the daub & wattle pattern could be better. It's hard to explain in words, but you generally want to avoid using horizontal rows of the open daub & wattle block (i.e. the one with no diagonal bars) a lot. Instead do kind of a "framing" technique, where the blocks with diagonal bars frame the open ones - you can also use the "plain white daub" block in small amounts as well. If I catch you in-game I can show you an example, otherwise I'd just look around Sweetport a bit more and try to observe what I described.

- Also, make the market stall tarp here flatter (using wool slab blocks).

- The first floor interiors seems fine, though I would remove the compacted snow blocks. Also, the people running the warehouse likely wouldn't be literate, and thus wouldn't have book cabinets/paper.

- The second floor needs the most work. In general, I would divide it up into multiple rooms; part of the awkwardness is because you tried to make it all one big room. My advice is to always plot rooms as well as staircases before placing actual furnishings. If you don't have a reasonable & nuanced layout in the first place, adding detail probably won't change that.

- The stove here being right above the hole where the staircase is seems a bit odd. Also, you should use half door blocks to create a railing around the staircase hole.

- The split cabinets here don't really work, partially because they seem kind of unsupported, and also because you have two sides of each cabinet exposed. There's also the issue of literacy & paper I mentioned.

- The attic seems good, though I'd again put half door railing around the staircase.

You're getting better overall, though. Again, feel free to ask if you have any questions. For the next challenge build, let's see a middle-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. Good luck!

deadbody12

Mummer
Hey Emote, thanks again for the fast feedback. It is really helpfull!
Was thinking about making seperate rooms for the second floor, the layout indeed looks a bit weird, same with the stove.
Ill take your feedback in account and think some more about the interiors in the woodwright build.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey deadbody,

This new house looks pretty good! You definitely seem to have figured out the daub & wattle. Here's some of the feedback I have now (more minor stuff this time):

- The exteriors look pretty good, though the dimensions of the house may be a little bit off. One of them seems a couple blocks too wide I think, also I would generally advise making the layout an odd width if you don't want to have a bad time (though you may encounter even plots sometimes). Neither of these are a huge issue, as your exteriors still seem aesthetically fine, but the proportions could be improved a little bit I think.

- Try to avoid what we call "bubble yards", where the border of the yard has an amorphous/blob-like shape. Instead try to make it a well-defined shape using straight lines (they can be diagonal though) for the border.

- Also avoid having grass in the middle of the yard; make it dirt/gravel instead. You can put some grass in the corners of the yard where people wouldn't be walking, but the rest would be trampled.

- On the inside, the slate roof should be covered up as well as possible (since slate tiles aren't "woven" in the same way thatch is and hence aren't supported at all). Ideally there wouldn't be any slate showing on the inside. Sometimes there's one block or two showing because of necessity but in general try to plan against it.

- Bookshelf cabinets here again. I'd just use the normal cabinets/workbenches, those types are meant for wealthier households anyways. Remember that literacy was extremely rare in IRL medieval times, and hence we reserve bookshelves and paper only for the very wealthiest households, or special cases.

Anyways, let's go somewhere a bit colder for the next style. Please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp whiteharbor. As always, feel free to ask if you've got any questions. Good luck!

deadbody12

Mummer
Hey Emote, thanks for the feedback once more, ill start the whiteharbour build as soon as possible.

The only thing i wanted to mention is the slate roof not being covered up all the way, i looked around in woodwright and the example builds by Ark and they are all done this way as the sign suggests in the example build. I get your point tho :)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey deadbody,

You did an absolutely stellar job on this house! I don't really have much feedback at all this time. The only thing I have to say is that you should try your best to plan interiors so you don't have exposed stone showing in the second floor like this. That said, sometimes it's pretty hard to avoid, so it's not a strict requirement, just try your best.

For a tentative final challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp fairmarket. Keep in mind the style there is a bit more complex, so take your time studying it. I think you'll do fine though. Good luck!

Reactions: deadbody12

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey deadbody,

Lovely work on this house! I'm not really seeing any issues at all, except to be careful of patchy/sporadic thatch carpet blocks.

Anyways, consider yourself approved! Ask a mod in-game to promote you if it doesn't do so automatically.

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide
And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server; a probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month, in which case you'll be fully promoted if there are no further problems.

Welcome to the team, I look forward to building with you! :D