Czechy Builder Application

Czechy

Mummer

Czech Republic

I first came across Westeroscraft when I was looking for ASOIAF minecraft creations on YouTube . I immediately became obsessed with Westeroscraft Builds .Its been a year from that time and i join server like a quest. I was chating with some builder who told me i should aply as builder.

Harry Potter, ASOIAF, The Witcher,

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords

All of the above

"It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy."

I mean, who else? Peter Dinklage deserves all the praise he gets for doing such a good job acting as this character, and being a great role model for little people. He has a great voice and a charismatic face.Tyrion is amusing, sympathetic, complex, and driven by intellectual curiosity. He likes "playing the game" of politics, likes outwitting people and beating them at their own game. That what i really like about him.

I can take an inspiration from other builds.I am adaptable and fast learner ,for me the detail is important and won't stop working on something until it's complete ..

So i really love to build medieval structures its such a cool idea even with all these blocks you made guys.

Latest build...I do not know why it posting here just 5 photos please click on that picture :()

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited:

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi Czechy,

Thanks for your application. It looks like you've put a lot of effort into your first build for us. I've got quite a bit of feedback. I couldn't really work out which room was where within the house but hopefully my points make sense!

- Nice try with the vines up the house, but its a bit of an outdated practice, and one we try and avoid in our current build styles.

- Your large lantern block suspended from a cobble stone crane isn’t realistic and the whole thing could be lost really. Less is certainly more in this case.

- When using daub & wattle blocks, consider using more diagonal blocks to achieve a stronger looking wall, instead of plain squares and rectangles. On the subject of walls, the full-log timbers that make up the support structure of the house is an outdated practice also. We avoid using that building style almost completely now. Take a look at builds such as Fairmarket for examples of realistic daub and wattle housing.

- Please don’t use anvils as chimney stacks.

- Your interiors could do with a little work also; try not to use amour stands. Some vanilla blocks haven’t been re-textured and cause a bit of a problem with latency for some people.

- You have some floating thatch carpet blocks in the house that don’t make a lot of sense. The same goes for the leather blocks used as walls. This is confusing and I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve.

- The Lord of Light’s banner doesn’t make sense really, especially in a house of this type, possible location and wealth. Banners and allegiance indicators need to be thought out before included in builds.

- Not sure why there’s cobwebs on the outside of the house.

- Red lanterns indicate brothels. I’m not sure if this house is meant to be a brothel or not? There is no indication of the owner’s craft or occupation.

- Try not to have a wooden floor directly infant of a fireplace, especially on the ground floor. Houses would have had a dirt/gravel mix on the ground floor.

- If you are placing bench blocks or bookcase blocks, make sure the sides are covered so you cannot see the repeated pattern on every side.

- I’m not sure why you have wheat stored inside the house, and why there are so many herbs, sour leaf and other hanging objects. Food would be stored in a larder near the kitchens, not throughout the house.

- Make sure that your roof is completely supported from the underside. You shouldn’t be able to see beneath any block which makes up the roof. There are lots of examples of roofs with rafters beneath throughout the server. Take a look around and see which one suits your house style.

- Way too many books. Literacy in the medieval period was extremely low, and books were so expensive that in monasteries they were literally chained to the desks. Private houses would be lucky to own a few books. Especially don’t put bookcases in the kitchen!

- Don’t attach candles to the walls like torches. It’s very unrealistic.

- The field at the back of the house is quite strange. It’s a nice addition to the build, but most houses wouldn’t have their own personal wheat fields. There is a lot of science behind field and crop rotation that goes into our server, meaning that we don’t expect builders to understand and build fields unless they are taking on their own projects.

This looks like quite a lot of criticism, but these are all things you'll come to learn as a builder with us. The sooner you nip small issues in the bud, the better a builder you'll become! It's all a learning curve! :D

For your first challenge build, I'd like you to build a low-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. These are the small stone cottages with thatched roofs. Once you've done, please post the album of images in this thread.

Thanks, and good luck!

Reactions: lemonbear and Enah

Czechy

Mummer
Sry man,keep up with your work on the server guys,excelent job! ,unfortunetly i dont have that much time currently.Will join the server sometime like visitor and see ya!:$)

Reactions: Emoticone11

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
No worries! Just to be clear though, would you like to continue your app, or should I reject it for now and you can pick it back up whenever you want? Either way, see you around!