Covering the north in Snowy Spruce

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
why not go west to east, as there are more finished projects on the western shore?
Knott, Norrey, Lorn, Shadowtower+westwatch vs Karhold (which has unfinished areas) and the Dreadfort (Lets count it for arguments sake)

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
East West rolls off the tongue better. I don’t have a preference, just that everyone efficiently finishes the strip of latitude they’ve volunteered to take.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Whoever’s doing the southernmost latitudes in the transition area will need to be most careful.

When replacing, you should make sure to select only the spruce IDs: 18:1,18:5,18:9,18:13. I’m not sure what people use the other leaf blocks for. If there’s oak/jungle/birch leaves under snow blocks in some projects you can replace those separately.

One more thing: we should come up with an agreement about whether to keep or remove the snow layers & snow slabs on top of spruce leaves. IMO they look better removed. One tricky thing, however, is that some trees also have snow blocks on top of them with snow layers on top of those. So I guess you could probably remove all snow layers, slabs, and blocks on top of snowy spruce leaves, and then remove all snow layers above air.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I’m up for having them without snow.
What I’ve also tried out in Norrey is replacing only the block under air with snowy spruce and it looks pretty good. Norreyvillage, the norspruces on the northern side of the bridge.

It makes the snowfall feel lighter and that might help in the southern areas

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
-2100 through -1900 should now be all swapped - left the snow layers on the leaves for now. I'll remove those as well if there's a consensus that it's a worthwhile improvement.

Reactions: Ric