Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
cxnechxm

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
From a friend

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I love how expansive and unique the universe is. From the Reach to Dorne to The North, there are tons of different aesthetics and characters to fall in love with. Margaery Tyrell is my favorite character with Tyrell being my favorite House. It's been a lot of fun exploring the Reach on the server.

What is your favorite build on our server?
My favorite build so far is Highgarden as well as Mistwood! With Highgarden, the castle itself is so mesmerizing and highly detail oriented. The mazes and gardens are a wonder! With Mistwood, the village surrounding the castle as well as the houses built into the trees are insane! Extremely creative and unique!

Why do you want to join our server?
I would be a good addition to the team because I love tapping into my creativity and building things that are unique but still fit in the overall theme of the area surrounding it!

Minecraft app 1.1.pngMinecraft app 2.pngMinecraft app 3.pngMinecraft app 4.pngMinecraft app 5.pngMinecraft app 6.pngMinecraft app 7.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Cone

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
cxnechxm

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
From a friend

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I love how expansive and unique the universe is. From the Reach to Dorne to The North, there are tons of different aesthetics and characters to fall in love with. Margaery Tyrell is my favorite character with Tyrell being my favorite House. It's been a lot of fun exploring the Reach on the server.

What is your favorite build on our server?
My favorite build so far is Highgarden as well as Mistwood! With Highgarden, the castle itself is so mesmerizing and highly detail oriented. The mazes and gardens are a wonder! With Mistwood, the village surrounding the castle as well as the houses built into the trees are insane! Extremely creative and unique!

Why do you want to join our server?
I would be a good addition to the team because I love tapping into my creativity and building things that are unique but still fit in the overall theme of the area surrounding it!

View attachment 11484View attachment 11485View attachment 11486View attachment 11487View attachment 11488View attachment 11489View attachment 11490

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.
Bump :)

Reactions: Jakethesnake8_8

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey cxnechxm,

Thanks for being patient, and glad to see your interest in becoming a builder! Feel free to ping me if it's been more than several days for future replies.

Nice work with the apphouse! Not really seeing any issues with it. Hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. However, I recommend thinking of it similarly to the application house - except now, instead of simply replicating a house, you should try to replicate particular elements of multiple houses, and synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a medium-size house in the style of /warp tortown, with a yard. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey cxnechxm,

Good work with this house; it seems like you've picked up most of the important techniques of our building style already, like gradients and rafters and so on. It also fits the Tor style very well. Overall, my main feedback on the house is that some parts of it (both interior & exterior) feel a bit too plain and sparse; I'd focus on adding some more immersive details to make it feel more "lived in". I also have some picker points of feedback:

- While you did a good job not making the mud plaster too messy, the current shape of the mud plaster bit feels a bit odd. I'd probably make the mud plaster area larger and use stone brick only on the borders to represent corrosion. Take another look at some of the plaster Tor houses for some ideas.

- For the yard, instead of just placing a bunch of assorted flowers, make individual gardens that represent specific crops (vegetables and herbs). Take another look at the yards in the Tor; also check out /warp crops on the server for some ideas. Also think of what other details can go in a yard (drying clothes, wheelbarrows, etc.).

- The stairs here need to be supported. You can play around with using upside-down stairs or wood hoppers, and wood fence blocks to add the supports. I also recommend trying to better plan the stairs and rafters so that the whole thing is structurally sound (i.e., so you don't have a rafter beam that ends suddenly without any sort of support). Usually the stairs and rafter design are the first things I plan in the interiors.

- Use a "cork"/eye of ender in the pot here.

- A pretty minor point about the Tor style, but the windows on the bottom floors should use arrow slit blocks rather than having a full 1x1 window.

For the next challenge, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp whitegrove, with a yard. I recommend taking some time to closely study the details used in exteriors and interiors, as well as rafter and stair designs. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!