Chcklr Builder Application

Chcklr

Mummer

England

Youtube video that detailed kings landing. I was searching youtube for GoT related minecraft builds.

Eragon Trilogy, The Edge Chronicles, Harry Potter, Redwall. Quite a few!

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
Dance of Dragons

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

That's a hard one. Probally Tyrion, for a few reasons. pretty importantly he is still alive! Being alive after 5 books is impressive on its own. He is cunning, secretive and successful. I saw a spider diagram somebody had assembled which showed how he was the most connected character in ASOIAF, being connected in some form with almost every character of any importance. He has barely had to physically fight but still he has influence all across westeros. Despite never holding a crown, he has achieved more than any of the kings alive during ASOIAF. Because i like these traits it is probally no surprise that i love Petyr as well. He again is rather like Tyrion but with a little darker intent.

Firstly, a love of GoT. I read the books avidly and am pacing myself through the series. I also have a respectable knowledge of Minecraft and associated building techniques and styles. I have worked on builds across a number of servers, both modded and vanilla. I have a healthy knowledge of computers and coding and I think most importantly, I listen and take things with a relaxed attitude, I try not to be "In your face", and have a good amount of free time that I would love to devote to the server.

Because WesterosCraft seems like an incredible project. There are not many servers that have a huge thriving community and actually have an end goal. A lot of servers have just lots of minigames or a generic city build. Westeroscraft however Has a genuine end goal to work towards and something to aim for, thats more than most servers can say. I love ASOIAF and I love minecraft. WesterosCraft is the perfect blend of the two, and come on, who would'nt want to help build an entire fantasy continent?

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SchmiedOlaf

Chcklr

Mummer
Sorry, but I don't know what the average response time for applications is, I didn't get an acknowledge message of anything so I just wanted to check it did send and I am not seeing it posted from only my end.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Chcklr,

Thank you for the application, glad to see your enthusiasm for GOT and our project! The average response time is typically 5 days at most, but I'll just respond now:

Your house seems like a decent start; it would fit in a few places on the old westeros map. However, it's not quite up to current standards, but I think we can get it there with some work. There are a number of issues, which I think you will notice after a few challenge builds, however I'll give some feedback on some of the main things I noticed:

- Excessive log framing; in more recent builds, we usually avoid using log blocks at all in houses. Instead of adding depth using indents and "superficial" details, try playing around with interesting spatial layouts of the house in the first place, so that less superficial detailing is needed for the house to look interesting.

- Mixing of white daub & wattle with brown daub & wattle, when it should all just be painted the same color.

- Unsupported cobblestone stair blocks in the roof overhangs, these should just be the same material as the rest of the roof.

- Too many lantern/torch blocks- on the exterior these aren't really needed at all. As for the interiors, in normal houses you shouldn't use torches, these are more for castles than houses. Instead, use the candle block inside the house, and maybe 1 or 2 lanterns at most.

- Try to avoid flat ceilings inside the house, we always make "rafters" using upside-down stairs, half-slabs, or both combined. You'll see examples of this looking around newer builds on our server.

Before continuing the app, I would recommend you take some time to explore more recent builds, such as /warp kingslanding and /warp whiteharbor. Take notes of the techniques we use in our interiors and exteriors, feel free to ask in-game if you have any questions. Some other helpful warps are /warp furnish and /warp gradient.

Once you feel ready, for a challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp sweetport. Good luck!

-Emote

Chcklr

Mummer
Absolutely, thank you very much for your comments, I will have a good look around the areas you suggested and have a go at that challenge build as soon as possible, obviously Christmas will get in the way but I will post some pictures when done.

Chcklr

Mummer
Hi, Emotione11, sorry for the long wait, I have been unable to access the server for the last month and was waiting for a reply from tech support, they have now replied and I will try to make the challenge build as soon as possible. I hope this is ok

Chcklr

Mummer
Hi Emotione,
The original problem with the launcher was resolved by some help from the support thread. However, being still at school I have final exams galore looming over me. It would be a bit optimistic for me to say that I am going to be able to make the challenge builds and probationary period builds while doing the exams. Given the long wait, if you would like to close the application then that is ok or leave it open. During the summer I would hope to reapply or continue the application.
Sorry for essentially messing you around unintentionally, and I hope westaroscraft keeps progressing.
I would love to joins the ranks in the near future.
Chcklr

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey, no problem! Just wanted to make sure you were still interested!

I'll just leave the application open and you can continue whenever you're ready.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Chcklr, are you still interested in continuing with this app? I'm going to reject it for inactivity if no response within 2 weeks.