Bunling070 Builder Application

Bunling070

Mummer

Romania

While on another GOT-themed minecraft server, while i was building The Vale, I googled some of the builds i was supposed to build to get inspiration and one of them was the WesterosCraft version of the build, so i went deeper and found this server!

LOTR, Harry Potter

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7

Arya Stark. Some plot points in her story are kinda off and unrealistic but i like the transition from innocent girl to ruthless assasin.

On the other server we don't have many blocks to make an immersive world so i had to make things with our current blocks and i have a lot of Ingenuity because of it.

I would love to build on the server as i said above because of all the diverse blocks that open up so many opportunities, the beautiful resource pack and to just be in the community in general. I would also like to help in creating Westeros and after we are finished maybe roleplay!

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Bunling,

Thanks for the application! I've taken a look, and you have a pretty good start and have some of our building techniques down already, although are not up to server standards just yet. That's no problem though, I'll give some feedback on some of the main things I notice in this house, and then start you off with a series of builds in particular styles to help you get more acquainted with our building techniques.

- The stone on the outside of the house doesn't make much sense; when doing stone foundations we typically just have a layer of stone right under the main material. However, stone foundations aren't always necessary, especially in very small shacks.

- Two things you always want to avoid with thatch rooves are (1) too messy and (2) too flat. Usually we do thatch rooves similarly to other rooves, using thatch stairs to form neat gables and sides.

- The thatch above the door seems like it's floating; generally I avoid awnings like that using thatch.

- The interiors are a bit too cluttered and don't really make sense, for instance you have a basket directly in front of the stove.

- When using cabinet, workbench, or bookshelf type blocks, always cover up all sides except for one. Typically we do this using half door blocks.

Before moving on with the app, I recommend you do a couple things: first, check out /warp furnish and /warp gradient on our server. Both are super helpful warps/tutorials. Secondly, spend some more time studying more recent areas like /warp klsprawl, and trying to get a sense of some of the patterns in our building.

Once you feel like you're ready, for the first challenge build please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp woodwright. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Good luck!

-Emote

Bunling070

Mummer
Hey Bunling,

Thanks for the application! I've taken a look, and you have a pretty good start and have some of our building techniques down already, although are not up to server standards just yet. That's no problem though, I'll give some feedback on some of the main things I notice in this house, and then start you off with a series of builds in particular styles to help you get more acquainted with our building techniques.

- The stone on the outside of the house doesn't make much sense; when doing stone foundations we typically just have a layer of stone right under the main material. However, stone foundations aren't always necessary, especially in very small shacks.

- Two things you always want to avoid with thatch rooves are (1) too messy and (2) too flat. Usually we do thatch rooves similarly to other rooves, using thatch stairs to form neat gables and sides.

- The thatch above the door seems like it's floating; generally I avoid awnings like that using thatch.

- The interiors are a bit too cluttered and don't really make sense, for instance you have a basket directly in front of the stove.

- When using cabinet, workbench, or bookshelf type blocks, always cover up all sides except for one. Typically we do this using half door blocks.

Before moving on with the app, I recommend you do a couple things: first, check out /warp furnish and /warp gradient on our server. Both are super helpful warps/tutorials. Secondly, spend some more time studying more recent areas like /warp klsprawl, and trying to get a sense of some of the patterns in our building.

Once you feel like you're ready, for the first challenge build please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp woodwright. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Good luck!

-Emote
Hey Emotione, thanks for the reply! I have visited the warps and learned much about how to properly build houses!
Here's the Woodwright middle-class Baker!

Also, I will be on vacation for 3 or 4 more days so i won't be able to make the third challenge until after the third day. Hopefully that's fine with you!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Bunling,

Thanks for the update! Your new house is definitely an improvement and captures some parts of the Woodwright style (you did the gradient pretty well for instance). However, there are a large number of issues and it still has a long ways to go before being up to server standards.

Because of this, I'm going to put the application on hold for three weeks to give you some more time to get familiar with our style without being preoccupied with the formal application. During this time, as well as after it if you need, I recommend (1) studying newer builds such as woodwright, kingslanding, etc. in detail, (2) watching people build, and (3) asking builders questions (if they're not busy).

Once the three weeks are up and you feel ready to continue, please resume the app by building a new woodwright house and posting it here.