Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
Builderamongus

What is your age?
21-24.

In what country are you living?
The Netherlands.

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The complex storytelling "a fantasy world that could be real"

What is your favorite build on our server?
maidenpool [its not done yet but i realy like the castle] I just realy like the castle layout.

Why do you want to join our server?
I realy like the books, and i realy like minecraft so why not combine them? Im a good builder [if i say so myzelf] and willing to learn.

Imgur Album:

Did you follow the application rules?

You know nothing, John Snow.

Last edited:

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey builderamongus,

thanks for applying and thank you for waiting :)

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp stonedance and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Stonedance town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.
Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions.

Good luck!

• Nice
Reactions: Die Wursttheke

builderamongus

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Here is the build.

Attachments

• 2023-06-01 (12).png
    2023-06-01 (12).png
    661.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-06-01 (10).png
    2023-06-01 (10).png
    618.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-06-01 (9).png
    2023-06-01 (9).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 2023-06-01 (8).png
    2023-06-01 (8).png
    831.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-06-01 (7).png
    2023-06-01 (7).png
    668.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-06-01 (6).png
    2023-06-01 (6).png
    665.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-06-01 (3).png
    2023-06-01 (3).png
    615.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-06-01 (1).png
    2023-06-01 (1).png
    922.6 KB · Views: 14

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey builderamongus! As we sent to you in private, the mod team discussed and decided that we aren't fully convinced by your commitment to change your behaviour and that a promotion to builder is dependent on whether or not you demonstrate a permanent change for the better. This won't stop the application process, if you want to proceed under those auspices. We decided to post this here in the forum thread for transparency and clarity.

Since you agreed, I believe your application may continue now, but do remember this temporary caveat! As soon as possible you'll receive the feedback for your latest build.

Thanks,
The Mods

Reactions: Luk

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey builderamongus

Sorry i kept you waiting. And thanks Ric for heads-up ;) i think you are well aware of your situation and i hope we can all work together to make this work.

thanks for the build, i think it looks really good quality already! Heres my feedback:
  • Good gradients, you nailed it i think! The layout of the house is good, not too complicated
  • A nice amount of detailing, the interior doesn't feel over-furnished or out of place
  • Make sure you cover up all but one side for 4-Sided Blocks like Benches or Cabinets. Having an extra cabinet drawer 90 degrees around the corner doesnt really make sense. So we try to always keep an eye out for things like that.
  • Try not to do too large patches of plain dirt like in the yard, we always mix it up with dirt/gravel or sometimes some pebbles in the ground mix.

Thats it. For your next challenge build i'd like to see something more intricate. Please build a townhouse in the style of Fairmarket, as you might find in the middle of the town. It should have a shop on the ground floor and ideally a yard too. The rest is up to you

Good luck and have fun!

builderamongus

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Here is my second build, I liked it. Hope to get a reaction soon.

Attachments

• Schermopname (17).png
    Schermopname (17).png
    668.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Schermopname (18).png
    Schermopname (18).png
    697.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Schermopname (16).png
    Schermopname (16).png
    531 KB · Views: 15
  • Schermopname (15).png
    Schermopname (15).png
    643.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermopname (14).png
    Schermopname (14).png
    668.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Schermopname (11).png
    Schermopname (11).png
    671 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermopname (12).png
    Schermopname (12).png
    523.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermopname (13).png
    Schermopname (13).png
    628.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermopname (10).png
    Schermopname (10).png
    645.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Schermopname (9).png
    Schermopname (9).png
    671.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

builderamongus

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
More.

Attachments

• Schermopname (4).png
    Schermopname (4).png
    706.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Schermopname (5).png
    Schermopname (5).png
    609.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Schermopname (6).png
    Schermopname (6).png
    529.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Schermopname (7).png
    Schermopname (7).png
    581.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Schermopname (8).png
    Schermopname (8).png
    791.9 KB · Views: 18

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey builderamongus

• It looks like you forgot to put in a chimneystack, or its not visible from the screenshots, but in FM the chmineys are pretty dominant features. If you have a furnace, you need a chimney connected to it, leading to the outside.
  • Again, you forgot to cover up the other sides of the cabinet blocks. Cabinets shouldn't have doors on all four sides, just one.
  • The kitchen feels a bit too modern. Having the cabinets fitted into the stairs and the knives on top of the counter, makes it look more like a modern fitted kitchen. Try to spread things out more, plus: less is more. In medieval households, cabinets are a rather rare occurrence, as they would need quite a lot of skill to put together from scratch.
  • Again, what i talked about on the earlier build. You just put dirt on the ground in your garden around the plants. Mix it up more. Fairmarket has awesome backyard examples.
  • In the bedroom you put a desk with paper and a mirror. At any time, think about how wealthy the person(s) living in the house are. Mirrors are very expensive to get in medieval times. Ok, seeing its a fancy glassblower's house, i think you could assume they would be literate and could write on paper. But still a thing to keep in mind: "Would they even be able to write?" thats a pretty rare thing in medieval society.
  • You chose to build a glassblower. Where do they do their business? they need (really hot) furnaces and a workshop to produce their products. Always represent the profession you chose as well as you can. If you have no idea; ask around. theres always people eager to help you out or point you towards similar builds on the server.

For your next challenge i would like you to build a Duskendale middle-class house with a Pottery shop on street-level and a Pottery workshop in the yard below.

Good luck and have fun!