Brinng back creative and spectator mode?

EINSEnte

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Hi, I think it would very nice to bring back the old way of exploration with creative and spectator mode enabled. It makes the exploration just a bit sleeker and it feels better that it is in its current state. I would really appreciate it if it is possible to reinstate the old "guest" abilities.

EINSEnte

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
I really had fun exploring but it just got a pain in the ass without the permission to switch gamemodes, for example to grap torches to make nice screenshots with shaders and so on.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
When we updated to 1.18 we couldn't find a way to have guests switch between gamemodes without issues around perms and security arising, so for now they are "locked" in the safest combination (survival with the hability to use /fly). We are looking into ways that allow guests to regain the ability to switch modes and play with items like torches, we know many of y'all enjoyed the added immersion that this provided. In the meantime if you would like to get into spectator mode you can always ask a moderator (those with purple/red names) to change your gamemode into it.​

Reactions: EINSEnte

EINSEnte

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
We now have /gmsp to enter Spectator Mode and /gma for Adventure Mode. Creative mode is still locked because it gives guests write perms on the mainB map.
The new system works pretty good, thank you for the work. And by the way is there a way to increase the render distance on the server?

Last edited: