Block Change Request: Retexture Glowing Mushrooms

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Request: Retexture Glowing Mushrooms

Request Type: Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
We currently have a blue mushroom that is meant to depict glowing mushrooms, however I always felt these mushrooms are not adequate for our purposes as its one HUEG mushroom rather than a clustering of them.

I'm proposing the following texture:

iCOdarm.png

As a replacement for the blue mushroom to depict glowing mushrooms

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical, Canon

Historical Evidence
Glowing mushrooms have existed in history

Canonical Evidence
These mushrooms could be used as natural light sources in Children of The Forest Caves

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Glowing Mushrooms.png
    Glowing Mushrooms.png
    846 bytes · Views: 13

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Perhaps instead of retexturing the blue mushroom (which I assume people have used in non-glowing contexts) it should be better to add a new mushroom block. And you have not explicit asked in the op, but would be great to make those mushrooms emit a faint light - maybe similar to a redstone torch?

Finn01

Envoy
Perhaps instead of retexturing the blue mushroom (which I assume people have used in non-glowing contexts) it should be better to add a new mushroom block. And you have not explicit asked in the op, but would be great to make those mushrooms emit a faint light - maybe similar to a redstone torch?
Yeah, that blue mushroom is just used as a normal blue mushroom.

It would have to be a faint green glow if they do get introduced since most glowing mushrooms are green

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Colored light is not a core feature of MC as the light sources go off either torch or sky light color gradients, Id rather than the block *now* than wait for the arduous task of adding colored light

I would not want to make emit light since as previously stated some people use them for regular fungi.

The new texture is sufficiently similar to the coloring of the blue mushroom to match, a retexture will suffice