Block Change Request: Brick, cobble and cobble keystone blocks for OT and Reach palette + suggestion for OT palette

Request: Brick, cobble and cobble keystone blocks for OT and Reach palette + suggestion for OT palette

Request Type:
Unique Addition (specific to a build, region, or culture)

Describe the use of this block in said build, region, or culture. How is it unique? To the best of your knowledge how could it be used in a different context?
Hi,

This is a pretty large request so I'll try be very short and to the point.

I want to request the creation of all brick blocks (stone bricks, mossy stone bricks, cracked stone bricks, stone bricks slab, stone brick stairs, stone brick wall, stone brick hopper and cobble keystone) and mossy cobble blocks (full block and wall variant) to be compatible with both color palettes of the OT and Reach gradients.

These blocks in other gradients are supposed to stand out as well, so I don't think it's necessary to create separate sets for each, since creating a warm tone option as an accent block for both would be enough. This request comes after the information that biomes will become 4x4 areas (in 1.16 or 1.18 I don't remember which one) instead of the 1 block control we have now.

I also suggest changing the OT set of blocks, (this is more of a subjective idea) to me the OT brick to OT light brick transition looks a bit flat and lackluster, specially in comparison to the reach gradient, here's an example of a wall that I feel lacks in texture interest in the OT bricks transitions:
2022-01-09_15.39.30.png

The following image is an example of what I feel would be a good color for the bricks to go with both palettes (maybe I'd desaturate them a tiny bit more) and the change of the OT brick texture and also the addition of a OT light stone (not that important tbh since both light stone and arbor stone match pretty well with the OT palette):
2022-01-09_15.00.33.png

Here's an example of the use of mossy walls in OT that I feel don't work as greatly as it could with new blocks:

2022-01-09_15.38.02.png

And here's how dependent I am in my projects and builds of brick blocks and mossy cobble in warmer tones:

Images

To conclude this request, brick blocks are so useful and an amazing addition for builds as well as the mossy variant, and their contrasting tone but also being able to match to the overall color of the build adds a lot to structures. OT is a huge project that would benefit so much from these blocks, and Starpike is also very dependent on them, I was able to cheat through with the biome mixing, but with the change in how biomes work it leads me to request this.

Thank you for reading,
Seri

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
Door frames, window and door lintels and other architectural elements are notorious for either having a piece of wood or a thick piece of stone in a lot of medieval structures.

File(s) attached

Last edited: