Block Change Request: Alternate food blocks.

F

FD001__

Request: Alternate food blocks.

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
I think that right now, we have no way of showing meat/food that is being cooked/has been cooked.

A few examples that come to mind would be frying pans with food in them, skewers etc.

These could be biome/region specific:
Dorne: Kebabs
North: Squirrel
Iron Islands: Fish on skewers
Flea Bottom: Rats on skewers

This would help to add character to cooking spaces, and we could just add this in now and again.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Regarding Dorne, although I get from where the kebab suggestion comes from, there are some other foods that would fit nicely in the region, and most importantly, are mentioned in the books and thus canon:
  • Snakes. Ideally both a dead hanged/basket version and a cooked one, maybe on a basket.
  • Whiskerfish. basically a name GRRM uses for catfish. It is said to inhabit the Greenblood, a CTM two blocks tall hanged version would be awesome.
  • Several types of peppers. We know about at least dragon peppers and long green peppers. Seems like they're all used as spices and not vegetables.
  • Figs. We could add figs leaves, but there's already ways we have found to represent fig trees. A fig basket, however, could be really nice.
  • Purple/black olives. The other main colours of olives alongside green, with both of them we could represent most of the different kinds of olives.
snake-dish.jpgblue catfish face.jpg
il_fullxfull.2036165852_ptqr.jpg8997.png
how-eat-figs©iStock.jpgolivo-picual-olea-europaea-800x800.jpg

In any case I love the frying pan as an addition, it's a nice way of giving an inside look at how the cuisine of different regions may work. Any kind of cooking utensile is a welcome addition for me.

Last edited: