Low Block Change Request: All bark wood fences to have only 1 horizontal beam

Request: All bark wood fences to have only 1 horizontal beam

Request Type:
Change

Try to describe all current uses of the block you request to be changed. Do you foresee any issues/ problems that could result from changing the block?
Hi, so it would be nice if the bark wood fences would only have 1 horizontal beam, then it looks better trying to represent branches and can also be seen as a broken branch, rn having 2 just looks kinda weird, idk if its a hard change but it doesn't seem to be.

Right now it looks like this:

2021-03-01_20.17.17.png

I'd suggest removing the bottom one so it can look more like a broken branch, and if its used in any other structure (which imo, I think it's only used in stand alone poles nothing else structure wise) it would still look ok.

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
There are trees in real life, and trees don't usually have 2 branches uniting in 1 vertical branch, where as there are many examples of 90º broken branches or branches with branches springing from them.
Pinheiro-bravo+%28Pinus+pinaster%29.JPG

Thank you for your time :)

File(s) attached

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Interesting request. I think it should be easy enough to change the block model, like we did for wall blocks. However, I worry about cases where people use the bark wood fences for things other than trees. Maybe it won't be an issue - in cases where people mix oak bark fences with wood plank fences, for instance, it could simply be interpreted as a "rudimentary" fence where some of the horizontal beams have fallen off, or something like that. Would have to test it.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
That would be helpful! The horizontal beam should be on the same level as one of the two beams in the current fence blocks (either the top or the bottom, not sure which would look better). That should minimize the amount of uses it would break.

Reactions: SseriousBusiness
May I propose making the new model a bit Conquest Regorged 1.15 esque and making it look like a branch? :)
I don't think that's the right way to go, our texture pack is very grounded on it looking generally Minecraft-y and blocks like fences, walls normal blocks stairs and slabs should stay generally as their vanilla model look, + bark fences are still used in poles and other structures that need thin wood beams that are not plank based but rather just a wood shaft.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
BTW, if we ever decide that we want realistic trees I can easily make fence blocks that look more like branches (similarily to how Conquest does it). The sentiment so far has been against that but maybe if you mull it over a little it might have an appeal. There's really not that much in the way of making it happen.

Reactions: EStoop

Nicodemus

Faith Militant
Pronouns
he/him
BTW, if we ever decide that we want realistic trees I can easily make fence blocks that look more like branches (similarily to how Conquest does it). The sentiment so far has been against that but maybe if you mull it over a little it might have an appeal. There's really not that much in the way of making it happen.
I think Westeroscraft could implement some of the more realistic way of making trees, but not maybe as far as Conquest goes. Maybe some 45 degree branches so that angles could be represented a bit better, but I don't think we would need to go too detailed.

Attachments

• westeros branch concept.png
    westeros branch concept.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 7

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Made the beam slightly higher:

60617261e6.png

Not really sure how I feel about this though:

d48f821c93.png

We might need to just fix those cases wherever we come across them in-game if we implement this.