Block Change Request: Addition: sandstone blocks with top brick texture

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Request: Addition: sandstone blocks with top brick texture

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
Could it be possible to add to all the sandstone blocks sets a variant of the full block and slab block that have the side texture on top? Like the hoppers. (so, bricks visible instead of the flat square stone texture)
It would be much easier to work on ground palettes without having to use hoppers and with the addition of the slab as well.
Thanks!

It's the only one I have in mind (sandstone blocks), but maybe there are other sets that could benefit from the same addition.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Something that would be helpful is if people could enumerate some of the cases where the current sandstone top texture is actually desired. I've thought of improving the top texture before, and am wondering if the best way to approach it is adding a new duplicate block, or just changing the current version.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Something that would be helpful is if people could enumerate some of the cases where the current sandstone top texture is actually desired. I've thought of improving the top texture before, and am wondering if the best way to approach it is adding a new duplicate block, or just changing the current version.
Probably lots of floor patterns are using sandstone as it is right now, so not sure it's the best to replace it
Like, alternate of monochrome and vivid (or dark) for making a floor pattern

IMO it's very similar to when we added a variant to the small orange brick block to remove the special top texture there too.