Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
TheRealBlobman

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
England

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
It is hard to pin point what excatly I like about GoT the most but i'm a big fan of medevil history and battles as well as the stratigic placment of buildings and i find that the size of the world creates a world i can get lost in, except season 8, it ruined the world so much.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Casterly Rock. The scale of this big on its own is pretty mental. I love the castle built within the rock. Just is a wow from the moment you warp to it :)

Why do you want to join our server?
I use to build alot but have never constrabuted to somthing like this and after the break ive had from building I got GoT fever and then searched and found you guys.

pic 1.pngpic 2.pngpic 3.pngpic 4.pngpic 5.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Blobman! Nice work with the app house! I see no major issues with it. I see you've made it sit on top of a fancy ruined construction hahaha, cute! With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building here. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in our server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area we tell you.

Your next challenge will be to build a farmer house in the style of /warp sdham2, with a yard. You can also check /warp sdham1 or /warp sdham3 for additional inspo, they all follow the same style. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Have fun!​

blobman6443

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Blobman! Nice work with the app house! I see no major issues with it. I see you've made it sit on top of a fancy ruined construction hahaha, cute! With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building here. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in our server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area we tell you.

Your next challenge will be to build a farmer house in the style of /warp sdham2, with a yard. You can also check /warp sdham1 or /warp sdham3 for additional inspo, they all follow the same style. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Have fun!​
Hello Azulejo,

Sorry its little longer than I thought I had a few things to sort out.
I might have gone a bit bigger than a taditional farm house (face palm) but hopfully its ok

many thanks
Blobman

Attachments

• Pic 3.png
    Pic 3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Pic 2.png
    Pic 2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • Pic 1.png
    Pic 1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • Pic 7.png
    Pic 7.png
    771.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Pic 6.png
    Pic 6.png
    730.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic 5.png
    Pic 5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • Pic 4.png
    Pic 4.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Pic 8.png
    Pic 8.png
    644.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Pic 9.png
    Pic 9.png
    682.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Pic 10.png
    Pic 10.png
    772.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Azulejo

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Blobl! No problem with taking time with your reply, you actually replied quite fast! The only one here that has to answer within a week is me. If that ever happens you are free to bump this post to get my attention. You've indeed gone a bit over what a traditional farmhouse is expected to look like hahahaha. It's okay, but keep in mind that we are on a medieval setting, most people would be on the poorer side.

Also, if you want to upload more than 10 pictures (which is totally fine) you can use imgur.com, a image hosting website. If you look at other builder's applications you will notice many use it. Just create an album there and then paste the link here. All that said, now I will give you some more detailed feedback about your build:​
  • Although the tower is a bit out of place on a farmer house I will still give you some advice about it:
    • Try either making it round or square, a square bottom and a round top, although can happen, is not the most common. A simple watchtower like this one would use some simpler design most of the time.​
    • It is best if you have less cracks on most buildings, unless abandoned or poorly kept. In most cases people would take care of the constructions they are actively using. You can still have a few little cracks if you like, for visual interest.​
    • When doing big surfaces of a single materials we tend to use gradients, combining several blocks that bledn with each other in a smooth transition. They are meant to represent wear and tear on a wall, humid patches... Usually each block can only touch those right before and after it in the gradient palette. In /sdham2 the most common gradient is river cobble -> cobblestone -> light grey brick. It's better to show it with a pic:​
2023-08-04_03.15.01.png

Lets go now with the house itself:
  • Most peasant houses have a dirt and gravel mix floor, no need to add the stone bricks, its a bit too contrasty.​
  • Lanterns are very fancy and expensive for a farmer. Use candles instead, if you want a light source.​
  • When using a block that has 4 sides but isn't really meant to have them (a cabinet, a tool bench...) all of the sides but one are meant to be hidden. You can place a basket or, if you want a cleaner look, use a half door.​
2023-02-20_01.34.09.png
  • The most common design for the underside of a roof is done alternating wood slabs and stairs. It is meant to represent the rafters that would hold up rooftiles and thatch. In your build there are too few stairs, which makes the potentially not very sturdy. Here you can see it:​
2023-02-19_20.22.15.png
  • Crates are expensive and should be left, generally, to ports, merchants or craftsmans. For peasants baskets, a single double chest or pots are preferred.​
  • L-shape houses are usually not encouraged. Instead, if you want a more dynamic shape, try adding an extension:​
2023-08-04_19.43.23.png
  • Don't add many holes on the roof, water will leak from them! A few is good, but people would make sure their heads are well protected hehehe.​
  • One last comment. Some of our blocks change their looks depending on the biome they are at. Although in this case it has not been an issue, in future builds you may find things don't look the same if you don't building in the same biome as the inspiration you are taking. Make sure to check where to build before starting!​
This may seem like a lot, but I promise you most are small tweaks that in no time you will be used to doing. For your next challenge go to /warp Kerseyford and build a house with a profession and a yard. Good luck and have fun!