BakedCaptain Builder Application

BakedCaptain

Mummer

Germany

I was searching for computer games or mods about Game of Thrones since my friends and I recently started playing tabletop GoT games and I'm rewatching the series to be ready when season 8 comes out. I come to an article of the German gaming magazine "GIGA" where they had a list of games with GoT mods. WesterosCraft was listed as a Minecraft Mod. And since I played a lot of Minecraft and really enjoyed building back in 2015/16 I thought WesterosCraft could be the right for me.

For me Star Wars is Science Fantasy, so I count that.

All of the above

Tywin Lannister is my favorite character of GoT. (Only knowing him from the series) I love with what passion he is trying to ensure his legacy will endure decades after his life. His way of solving political problems. Going against the wishes of her daughter, still wanting to marry her, or trying everything to get his son out of the King's Guards. I mostly enjoyed his conversations with Tyrion, when he demanded Casterly Rock and with King Joffrey when he got send into bed by Tywin.

It may sound weird to like such a character, but the characters of these sorts are my favorite to watch. The passion to achieve his goal is just really enjoyable on screen.

Well, I probably would bring my ability to teamwork. That's basic, but something really important and not everything is good with it.
I was playing soccer for years and was in some Minecraft Server/Build teams. Recently I joined the volunteer firefighter, where my ability for good teamwork plays in my hands a lot.

I hate describing myself so that's likely everything I can write about interesting skills. I just really despise praising myself in any way. I'm sorry bout that

First I need to apologize for my English since I'm still learning it.

I would like to build on this server since I really enjoyed building back when I actively played Minecraft. I mostly built anything in a medieval style. I mostly enjoyed the RP server Vestrial. It didn't live long but was a really nice experience. Building a medieval town/village together was just amazing. It was in survival though, but that was my only survival building experience.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey BakedCaptain,

Thanks for the application and for being patient! :) Your building currently isn't quite at server standards, but I think we can get it there with some work. I'll start out giving some general feedback on a few of the main things I noticed, and then start you off with a series of challenge builds to help get you familiar with various styles. Here we go:

- For future builds, please make sure to do the interiors and post pictures of them! We treat the interiors as every bit as important as the exteriors on our server. You can check out /warp furnish if you want some ideas/tips.

- When doing builds which are made out of the same material (i.e. wood, stone, etc.) but are supposed to have variations in color or texture, you always want to work in gradients - a smooth transition from one to the other. In your tower, the dark cobble next to the normal cobblestone creates a lot of contrast, which looks bad. Instead, you want to make sure there's transition block(s) between them at all times. I encourage you to check out /warp gradient on our server for a good visual tutorial.

- There's too many materials being used simultaneously in the house, and some of them don't really make sense. For instance, the brick & wattle blocks around the window mixed in with the daub & wattle. Also, the stone border on the roof doesn't make sense, the stone would be way too heavy and unsupported. Generally, our server's motto is to keep things simple, and make things interesting through realistic and nuanced layouts rather than unecessary visual details.

Before continuing with the app, I would recommend spending a bit of time making sure you've studied our more recent builds, such as /warp klsprawl, /warp whiteharbor, etc. Once you're ready, for your first challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp woodwright. Please ask if you have any questions about my feedback or the woodwright style. Good luck!

BakedCaptain

Mummer
I'm anyhow unable to connect to Mojang servers. Therefore I can't play any Minecraft currently and I'm not able to start with the challenge. I contacted the Mojang support, and when I'm able to play again I'll continue with my application.

BakedCaptain

Mummer
After a long wait for a response from the Mojang support, they finally got back to me and solved my problem.
I'll take care of your suggestions and continue with my application!