Anguy Builder Application

Anguy

Mummer
Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
roisinmaglione (I hope to change it to anguyofwesteros soon)

What is your age?
13-16

In what country are you living?
Unites States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
It's difficult to pinpoint what I like *most* about A Song of Ice and Fire, but what I certainly find to be one of the greatest aspects of the series is its world. Unlike most other fantasy settings, the Known World is able to appeal to an exceptionally diverse audience; often being described as an "anti-fantasy" fantasy world. With a setting heavily inspired by the middle ages, it is able to maintain magical elements while still being grounded in realism. From the snows of the north and beyond the Wall, to the arid desert of Dorne, all the while remaining mysterious; not all is known. With what we do know there is threefold that we don't, leaving us ever-curious. And not only the geographical world, but the houses, tribes, intricate histories and cultures all display an unmatched work of genius, unique to George R. R. Martin himself.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Winterfell has always kept a special place in my heart, reading it in the books feels so cozy and intriguing, magnificent at the least. With the ultimate dumpster fire that Winterfell became in the show, it's very refreshing to see it portrayed so accurately on the server. I'm able to travel through it exactly as I could in the books; and though it's not easy to choose a favorite build, Winterfell has been something I remembered since first seeing it.

Why do you want to join our server?
I would like to join WesterosCraft as a builder because I find there is no other community so dedicated to creating a world from A Song of Ice and Fire as them. Though I consider myself an average decent--maybe good to some--builder, I believe that being a part of this server could help me to improve my building significantly. I would also like to dedicate my time to a series I love so much through this community, while I continue to wait for Winds! In contributing to WesterosCraft, I would put my fullest effort into every build, and inspire to become a large contributor in time. I'm willing to do anything with equal care, hoping to make it soon.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Anguy, thanks for your application and great to see you're a fan of ASOAIF, you've come to the right place!

Well done with replicating the application house. As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles and will give you the core skills to join the team.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

I might also suggest finding another biome in your singleplayer world with fewer trees so you can get some less obstructed screenshots of the house.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Reactions: Die Wursttheke