Almanach Expansion + Political Consequences/Punishable Actions

W1ck3dWolf

Messenger
POLITICAL CONSEQUENCES/PUNISHABLE ACTIONS

There definitely must be a set list of law that player’s are encouraged to follow. I will start by making a list of what I feel are low-level crimes. I will also list punishments I think fit the crime committed. I will start with low-level crimes and work through medium-level and end with high-level crimes. I am going to use historical crimes in the Middle Ages as well as GoT crimes. Also, according to customs seen in GoT and in history, crimes are dealt with by nobles. The severity of the crime dictates who (the King, Lord, Master) decides the punishment.

Low-Level Crimes (Misdemeanors) - Fines, tax increase, public mocking, extra work

• Theft

• Trespassing

• Public Intoxication

• Fighting/Brawling

• Property Damage

• Not Working Hard Enough

• Cheating (games)

• Gossiping
Medium-Level Crimes (Felonies) - Imprisonment, fines, loss of property

• Arson

• Raiding

• Cheating/Affairs (if married)

• Raping (not sure how this would work, if at all)
High-Level Crimes (Capital) - Death, Imprisonment, Night’s Watch

• Treason

• Murder

• Witchcraft

• Oath breaking

• Rebellion

• Regicide (“Kingslaying”)

• Guest Right (Red Wedding [harming guests during ceremonies])

• Desertion gets death in all cases

AS PER THE USUAL, THESE ARE MY IDEAS AND WOULD LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK AND QUESTIONS. MORE STILL TO COME. THANKS!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Depending on the lord some of these could be increased in severity, but only by one level. e.g. arson becomes capital. However, thieving should scale depending on what was stolen. So that theft from a treasury is not punished by low fines, instead by death or loss of lands.