A Game In A Brand New Light

Xx_CC23_xX

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
I'd like to propose a brand new idea to help improve the Westeros Craft server once the RPG is up and running. While I have many ideas this is more about the game play. Now what do all RPGs have in common? MMO and quests. I would like to help create a story that is true to the canon works of A Song Of Ice and Fire but also be readily available to players.

There are typical quests (or chores) and then there are main event quests. There are also hidden quest around the entire world (for example you can do a quest to join the night's watch, then you even have a choice to stay there or join the wildlings, the other option is to be the first to finish the white walker quest and become the night king and kill others to make them your own soldiers).

A little about the chores. These are tasks that will be able to be done to help upkeep the castles. Some of these chores include: Gather Firewood, Mine Ore (for certain areas), Harvest Crops, just for the basics. You could be wondering, “but people are chopping down our trees!! That took blood, sweat and tears to make, just for players to destroy it?!?!” yes and no. I suggest that trees, ores, and other mineable objects have a respawn rate, that way materials don’t run out as fast as they usually would. These tasks are collaborative so it is not just keeping track of individual completion but the whole group. There will be bonuses when more tasks are done like a higher defense, well fed subjects have a higher production rate, ect.

Now I am sure you are wondering how are some of these areas going to be able to keep up with a chore questline if no one is there. Easy, NPC on NPC interaction. The chores that need to be done to keep the location running will be done by NPCs, however it is only to keep the castle running at the bare minimum, no bonuses or defense bonuses, and so on. The inspiration of this is from Red Dead Redemption 2, while at the camp there are chores that need to be done to keep up the good living space, if you the player don’t do the chores, NPCs will do them. But there are no benefits granted if the NPCs do the chores.

Obviously I think that we should have NPCs to make every location feel populated and immersive. Now I can very much help create and give dialogue to each character. Customized and tailored to each region with the ability to customize the height and weight of each character so we can have some giants like The Mountain and also children. The pathways of each NPC is what their daily routine consists of based on their dialogue and role and class for each region.

Speaking of pathways for NPCs in order to make the roads more lively, now obviously you think that I would suggest raiders and thieves that can ambush you on the road, but I would also suggest NPC traders and merchants, there will be one trader for each trade route. Now that is a lot of trade routes considering how many castles and keeps there are but it will make immersion once again much better.
  • Traders are going to be used to trade between 2 castles.
  • Merchants are like traders but they go to each kingdom and buy and sell rare-ish goods.
(Once again all traders and merchants are tailored to their specific region and, for the merchants, what they sell).

Alcohol pluggin baby!!!!!1!!

Here are some class suggestions. A class for players, where they can choose what the style of game play could be.

Maester Class- To be a maester is to guide other players in choices that they can make. You can heal, and help make battle strategies for your house. To be a maester you are the only ones who can read and write (a command that they can use to open a book in their hand) they can teach others the command too. Maesters can record about current events that people in the future can learn about. If a player chooses the Maester Class they will start in the Citadel. A Maesters goal is to get as many chains as they can.

Lower Class- To be a low born is to be a soldier in the middle of great battles, this class involves adventure and work. Players in this class are great survivors. And can rise high in the world, if they know how to. Lower Class players are the soul of any good kingdom. Players can choose to be a farmer, blacksmith, Baker, miner, ect. Or do chores for all categories. A player cannot start as a middle or high class role until they get enough money to buy a house for middle and high class, but pursuing the “better life” will be difficult and at times frustrating but it is accurate to GoT.
  • Players can become assassins but it’s a very specific and hidden quest line in order to become one. They can choose what house to represent.

Middle Class- To get into the Middle Class you need to raise enough money to buy a middle class house. The middle class is for the skilled workers and impressive artists, making money is easy for you. You still go to battle but with proper armor and a sword and do some damage.

High Class- The High Class is for the knights and hands. These are warriors of battle and bannermen to noble houses. Players can learn how to read and write if they so chose but they need the maester for that. They can be kings guard, or the treasurer or the master of whispers.

Noble Houses - This should go to all of the people who in some way helped the server become what it is. It should be noted that they can be overthrown if they lose a battle, and to that they should be good losers and give the titles to the winner.

(Note: I do believe the higher the class a player is, the worse the consequences are for dying. I haven't figured out a reasonable consequence except for, “going back to lower class” but for people that are not very good at pvp and/or get killed really easily just seems a bit harsh. So yet to be determined.)
Sorcerer - This is a very limited class, not very many people can become sorcerers. But if you are one you can brew potions, and make prophecies (even if they're fake), prophecies should be consulted with the owner(s) of the server to see if they can be effective with the server.
  • Owners are the gods, change my mind

Wight walkers - now in my opinion this “army” should be ruled by one of the leaders of the server. (But as suggested earlier there can be a wight walker questline for people). There should be a limit to Wight Walkers because they are very powerful. But killing rangers of the night's watch and wildlings to build up your army is the goal. By adding the dead to your “clan” you can have a command to have them teleport to you and switch their allegiance. Anyone who is upset about being killed, well let them know that this is just a game and they're part of an all powerful army now.

Other suggestions: If you are a criminal, and you are caught you will spend time in the dungeons and then travel up to the wall. Where you can become part of the night's watch. Under the new command, they are part of, their title will be “recruit” and they will have to say their vows in order to have a real title in the night's watch.

Thanks so much for reading. If you have any question comments or other ideas or you think there is another forum this would fit better in please add to this thread!

Much love,
CC23