Block Change Request: Drying Hay Blocks / dry spruce leaves

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
Request: Drying Hay Blocks / dry spruce leaves

Request Type: Unique Addition (specific to a build, region, or culture)

Describe the use of this block in said build, region, or culture. How is it unique? To the best of your knowledge how could it be used in a different context?
With the current selection of blocks I'm struggling to properly imitate drying hay. The current best alternative is using Spruce leaves, but they are too dark.
A possibly good solution might be the addition of "Dry Spruce leaves" (which might also be useful in other contexts outside of drying hay).
In general, some sort of see-through leaf block would serve best to represent hanging cut grass.

Attached are a couple depictions of hay in various stages of drying, some hanging from traditional slovenian hayracks, others on typical alpine "Heinzen/Hoanzen" (Sticks with sidearms easy to use in steep places)

File(s) attached

Attachments

• heinzen 3.jpg
    heinzen 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • heinzen2.jpg
    heinzen2.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 6
  • heinzen1.jpg
    heinzen1.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 6
  • hayrack2.jpg
    hayrack2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 6
  • hayrack1.jpg
    hayrack1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 6

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
here an ingame example of a hayrack and hoanzen with spruce leaves, hay bale and thatch
A dedicated drying hay-block would be great! Though I'm unsure how well the downwards drooping would look.
Just a recoloured spruce i think would do the job, and it's also good when a block can find many use cases.

Attachments

• 2024-02-17_18.04.36.png
    2024-02-17_18.04.36.png
    2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: geeberry and Finn01
In my opinion, a model would be the wrong way.
New textures are certainly a good idea to show this process better.

So far we have designed some pretty cool variants of hanging thatch, especially with the debug stick.
You can visit hanging hemp as example in Chaulkburn already. (its the same as the hay texture since its fibers)
I suggest a simple fullblock -> wall construction stacked up from the ground.
A half fence (which maybe will be a thing in the next update) will than be placed on top to show an haypole sticking out dependin on what hay or crop type it is (not all plants will be stacked up with a haypole)
All you need is extended textures and the rest is done with the debug stick.
This way the Westeroscraft vanilla vibe is preserved.

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
In my opinion, a model would be the wrong way.
New textures are certainly a good idea to show this process better.

So far we have designed some pretty cool variants of hanging thatch, especially with the debug stick.
You can visit hanging hemp as example in Chaulkburn already. (its the same as the hay texture since its fibers)
I suggest a simple fullblock -> wall construction stacked up from the ground.
A half fence (which maybe will be a thing in the next update) will than be placed on top to show an haypole sticking out dependin on what hay or crop type it is (not all plants will be stacked up with a haypole)
All you need is extended textures and the rest is done with the debug stick.
This way the Westeroscraft vanilla vibe is preserved.
I don't really follow you. What do you mean with extended textures? Half fence? No model but new textures?

Reactions: Finn01
You should look ingame on the described example than it gets clear for you.

No model (Custom Texture Model) but a new texture (like a haybale as a wall block as example)
You build the stacked hay like this:
simple fullblock -> wall -> half fence (depends if a haypole even exists on that type of crop)
You debug stick the upper wall block in all air directions open so the wall gets thicker.