Completed Project Application: Wull

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Bitgid, thanks for taking a look at Wull!
The style guide is floating in the air above wullhamlet 7, just to the west. Look up and you'll see it!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
More open plots available at /warp wullhamlet6
Feel free to also do any interiors of any houses marked with pink glass.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Waz, sorry I’ve been AWOL lately, I’ve actually just gotten back from 3 weeks overseas as well as juggling another art project on the side that has a deadline this weekend. I definitely plan to be back in game within the next few days.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
The work continues to continue.
So I'm approaching the one year anniversary of this project, in hindsight my prediction that this would be a fairly simple completion project was probably a little optimistic.

Terraforming turned out to take a lot longer than I expected, in large part due to it taking some time to figure out how to best lay snow down on mountains, plus the process of planting the thousands of trees and covering them in snow. Adding in the streams was also quite a process to.

In terms of progress, the seven hamlets are close to finished. There's a couple of empty houses and I'll need to add some yards/signs of life and agriculture, but they're nearly there.

Wullvillage2 is about 90% done, it was fun to get creative with the landscape and all the help from the team with building the houses is really appreciated. Still some yards and fields to do.

Wullvillage1 is the big project at the moment. Most of the houses have been done, thanks again to the builders who've helped out. I had to do a fair bit of terraforming to add some character to the area.

My big puzzle at the moment, and one that I'd love a ruling from the mods on, is fields. Right now I'm really not sure what state the harvest should be in. Timeline wise, Westeros is in Autumn/Fall I believe, and if the crops further south are anything to go by, plenty of stuff is growing. However, despite what ever time of year it is, the Northern Mountains are covered in ice and snow. In my head I originally justified crops with the assumption that it just snowed in Wull this morning, thus why you have crops covered in snow. But the amount of sea ice along the coast suggests that the area has been frozen for a bit of time now, and any crops should have died from ice exposure, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

So my question: Crops yay or nay? Is it too icy? Have they already had their last harvest of the year? Should I just plot out fields and make them appear to be recently harvested?

Hopefully once this is decided I'll update all the fields accordingly, then I'll finish up Wullvillage1 and start plotting Wullvillage3 which is the last settlement to do.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Is the stone on the right here (as opposed to terrainset) intentional? Good work with the terra so far btw, those mountains look great.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Haha yes it was intentional to try and add some diversity to the terrain and to indicate that it was all one big rock.

Ah, I see. It's an interesting idea, but I would probably still make it terrainset. The stone texture seems a bit too vanilla, reminds me of the bad times before we had terrainset.

Reactions: Elduwin

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I learn towards #1 and #2 (from the left) for most of the roads, and #4 or #5 only for the very main roads (but make sure to not do completely random noise, and instead to have muddy dirt transition from dirt to snow, which it looks like you have indeed done in the example pic).