The most dangerous river in Planetos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcmarq

Envoy
Hi guys, i´d like the idea of doing for the server an interpretation of the most dangerous river in the world, that is the Bolton Strid of the Wharfe river in England, I was wandering for the server loohking for a wide river this build can fit, and I located one in inland Westerlands. the idea is to make a tiny wood surrounding the Strid, I put tests and inspiration.

Strid location.jpg

28231689-el-strid-en-el-río-wharfe-en-bolton-abbey-yorkshire.jpg
strid sample 1.jpg
Strid samples.jpg

Thanks for your attention, if you can find a better river this project can fit better pls let me know. Despite any suggestion needs to follow these requierements:

-Wide river wide >6 blocks,
-At least a slope of 1 block
-Being located in a non mountanious area.

Reactions: thecoddfish

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
With your test, why not make use of our brilliant flowing water blocks? currently it doesn't look too much like a raging rapid to me, just a thin stream cut into the rock. Maybe try making it two blocks wide at the lowest point so you can make the overhanging rocks more pronounced?

Note, this is near JaketheSnake's proposed new location for the East Vypren Burgh, just downriver. You two could perhaps work together to terraform the stream? You of course working with the Strid but could help govern how the upstream section might be updated (blockmix, pebbles, rocks, moss etc.)

Reactions: Ric and DutchGuard

jmcmarq

Envoy
I think taht currently, i am going to focus on other immersives / minis rater than this one. The reason is that i have been unable to find a river that can suit this project right now. In a future, as the terraforming process develop i will retake this immerve, but right now is not possible, this way, i beg this tread to be closed to avoid confussion.

Thanks JMC

Status
Not open for further replies.