Pronouns
they/them
What is your Minecraft username?
Sword_Head

What is your age?
13-16

In what country are you living?
Norway

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Reddit

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
ive been an avid fantasy fan as long as i can remember, during the initial game of thrones craze. He told me how it was a show where everything couuld happen and he told me a bit about the diffirent creatures like the direwolves and white walkers. ive always had a knack for creatures, but my favourite thing about GoT/ASoIaF is definitly that they arent afraid to kill off characterrs, to me it wass if lord of the rings wass actually realistic and i love that.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Dragonstone
Especially the dragon statues, ive always liked dragonstone from the books and show. i really like the palette used in the build itself as well.

Why do you want to join our server?
i havent been building in a while but i love building in minecraft. recently got back into it building for a friends server.
I have been playing minecraft since 2012 and i have been building seriously for the last 3 years or so. i know my way around small shacks or houses, bridges and interiors. and i come with a hint of optimism.

2022-02-13_01.36.03.png2022-02-13_01.36.09.png2022-02-13_01.36.15.png2022-02-13_01.36.33.png2022-02-13_01.36.39.png2022-02-13_01.36.59.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Sword_Head,

Sorry for the delay in response; thanks for being patient! Glad to see your interest in the server and in helping with the project.

Overall nice work with the app house; you've gotten most of the details down. There's just a couple minor mistakes that I noticed:

- The exterior seems to mix 2-tall vertical timber patterns with 1x1 timber patterns, whereas in the example it uses only a 1x1 grid pattern.

- You want to use the normal "wattle fence" blocks in the interior instead of "short wattle fence"; this way the textures will connect rather than float.

Otherwise I didn't notice any issues; hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. However, I recommend thinking of it similarly to the application house - except now, instead of simply replicating a house, you should try to replicate particular elements of multiple houses, and synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a medium-size house in the style of /warp woodwright, with a yard. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!

Sword_Head

Mummer
Pronouns
they/them
Hey Sword_Head,

Sorry for the delay in response; thanks for being patient! Glad to see your interest in the server and in helping with the project.

Overall nice work with the app house; you've gotten most of the details down. There's just a couple minor mistakes that I noticed:

- The exterior seems to mix 2-tall vertical timber patterns with 1x1 timber patterns, whereas in the example it uses only a 1x1 grid pattern.

- You want to use the normal "wattle fence" blocks in the interior instead of "short wattle fence"; this way the textures will connect rather than float.

Otherwise I didn't notice any issues; hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. However, I recommend thinking of it similarly to the application house - except now, instead of simply replicating a house, you should try to replicate particular elements of multiple houses, and synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a medium-size house in the style of /warp woodwright, with a yard. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Good luck!
hi sorry for taking a while, i have been on vacation, but i am back now. i will probably build the house tomorrow but now i should probably catch some z's cus its 3 AM right now