RomanticSoda420 Builder Application

RomanticSoda420

Mummer

United Kingdom

YouTube

I love the lord of the rings films and grew up watching them

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

wow what a question. its like asking whose your favourite parent. I love all the characters even if they are evil. but if I had to nail it down to one...... I would have to say sir barristan selmy. I adore the loyalty he shows throughout the novels, his skill with a sword is unparalleled (except Arthur dane) and GRRM in my opinion really gave the character an amazing story and heart.

I have plenty of time to dedicate to builds And can literally go on for ages without getting bored or giving up (my last build was more than 50h and it still isn't finished) I have a lot of experience building large structures with quality( I've built the red keep as seen in the tv show) but I've never used the world building applications so they lacked landscape quality. but I hope that I can learn new skills and further improve my building.

there is obviously a huge amount of work to be done and I feel that the server can expand into other places (perhaps a essoscraft??) and I would love to combine my love of Minecraft with my love of ASOIAF

https://imgur.com/user/daniilminecraft

YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey RomanticSoda,

Thanks for the application, and sorry for the delay in response! I'm glad to see your interest in our server.

Though your houses aren't currently at the stylistic standards that we have on the server, you have some cool ideas (like the watchtower). I'll give you a series of "challenge builds" in various styles on our server to work on, and give some feedback for each one. To start out with, some very general feedback:

- You want to avoid "log framing", i.e. where you make a grid out of log blocks and then fill in the walls with stone. In fact, we pretty much avoid log blocks entirely in houses now, since they look super clunky and are a bit unrealistic.

- Avoid overusing glass blocks; in poorer houses, they would just have open windows with shutters. Also I would recommend sticking to 1x1 or 2x1 (vertical) windows, rather than 1x2 (horizontal) windows.

- In general just using a single stone block for the foundation looks boring, so you want to include a "gradient" - a smooth transition of block color/texture showing things like dirt, erosion, etc. There's a tutorial for this at /warp gradient on our server that you should check out.

- The furnishing seems a bit sparse. Another helpful warp on the server I'd check out to get more interior design ideas is /warp furnish.

- Avoid bookshelves in ordinary houses, since the literacy rate during medieval times (where our server is set) was extremely low.

Before continuing with this application, I strongly suggest that you take a bit of time to (1) check out those two warps that I mentioned above, and (2) go study some more recent builds on our server (White Harbor, Woodwright, Fairmarket, Duskendale, Stoney Sept, etc.). Find individual houses, look at the exteriors/interiors, and try to pick up patterns and reproduce them on your own. When you're ready to continue the app, for the first challenge build, please make a medium-size house in the style of /warp klsprawl. Good luck!

-Emote

RomanticSoda420

Mummer
Hi thankyou very much for your reply and suggestions I will certainly be studying the locations you stated. I must admit I unfortunately didn't research my build particularly well, which is something that I now regret. However since then i have explored the world mutch more thoroughly and in particular houses in the reach and have understood my mistakes. I've almost finished a low class house from the reach and feel that it's a substantial improvement. I'll include it in my file along with the build that you requested.
Huge thanks for your time and reply. Will get back to you as soon as possible.

Reactions: Emoticone11