Style Riverlands Palette Guide

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
This is a revamped guide to the type of stone used in Riverlands palettes made by ollie a couple of years back.

9OR9oUD.jpg

Here's the map, showing major builds of the Riverlands with 6 pointed stars, and colourising each stone type as seen above.

Notes: Okay I tried to make this as accurate as possible basing it off current builds and therefore I'd like to draw attention to the brick region, this simply includes builds that are predominately brick, and does not include the border regions where brick is used as a secondary block to sandstone/grey stone. Just drawing attention to this as effectively brick can be utilised anywhere in the Riverlands where there is a river and a brick works. But outside of the above designated Brick area it should be used as a secondary.

Also I would like to add that In Ollie's map the grey stone was split into 2 sections, dark grey stone, and light grey stone. However since then It is clear that these two ideas have mashed with the original dark grey stone palette used along the Green fork being used in places like Willowwood. I will draw a distinction between what can be considered as dark grey stone and light grey stone though, but there is no reason why either of these can’t be used in any area of the grey stone section of the Riverlands.

Brick:

Fairmarket brick
mHy9c2H.png

Terrick brick
a1lS5Wd.png

This palette is currently predominantly used in Fairmarket, Terrick, and Vypren

Grey stone:

Wayfarer's Rest grey stone
GGbwq7D.png

Lolliston grey stone
scrqqBT.png

Although these palettes are similar and use a lot of the same blocks, there is a clear difference. The Wayfarer's stone I would consider "light grey stone" and the Lolliston stone "dark grey stone"

This palette is currently predominantly used in Wayfarer's Rest, Lolliston, Willowwood, The Twins, Erenford, Keath, Maidenpool, and many more projects.

Sandstone:

Pinkmaiden sandstone
5amTMmG.png

Ferren sandstone
soY7EM4.png

This palette is currently predominantly used in Pinkmaiden, Ferren, Lychester, and Lambswold.

Overlapping Palettes:

Fairmarket wall sandstone and brick mix
TNriGWj.png

Fairmarket holdfast grey stone and brick mix
rPxNoUU.png

These palettes are currently used in Fairmarket, Vypren, Deddings, and Ferren.

Thanks for reading, I hope this clears up some things :D - Riverlord Waz

Last edited: