Oldtown: Testing

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
This thread is for Oldtown testing and planning.

For Oldtown, testing will be open to all builders. However, we do like to maintain some sort of general direction. This is why we have made this document.

In it are the plans for Oldtown, what we imagine for the different neighbourhoods and districts, what the different styles are based on and much more. The document will be updated at the end of the testing phase.

Inspiration can be found here.

Of course, we are limited by canon. Luckily, there isn’t as much as for Kingslanding. I encourage everyone to read it.

What sort of tests do we need?
We need tests for everything, but most importantly for houses and the general styles.

Where can I test?
Over the course of this weekend, I will clear up some space in the Oldtown testing area and restructure it to fit the following testing areas:
  • Style I, at /warp ot1
  • Style II, at/warp ot2
  • Style III, at/warp ot3
  • Small industry, at/warp otsi
  • Large industry, at/warp otli
  • Harbour, at/warp otharbour
  • Religion, at/warp otfaith
  • Defense, at/warp otdefense
  • Statues and decoration, at/warp otdeco
  • Free testing area, at/warp otfree
  • Battle Island, at/warp otbi
  • The Citadel, at/warp otcit
  • Old tests, at /warp otarchive
If you make a test, tag it. Every test that does not have a tag clearly indicating what it is and what it is for has a chance to be removed without warning, this includes existing tests.

Eventually, the best tests will be selected and combined into a style guide, after which the server build will officially start.

Happy testing!

Edit: Please use this thread for any feedback or suggestions, and keep the topic in this thread on tests/testing alone! Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey, for anyone interested in testing, I'm releasing a texture pack patch containing a couple of the new blocks being worked on. It might be a little while before all the textures are done, so I don't want to hold up testing completely.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8736d7cnug5i2b/WesterosCraft-Oldtown.zip?dl=0

Just put it in your resourcepacks folder and make sure to switch to it in-game.

The textures are all on some of the new vanilla blocks like purpur stone, etc. (might be shown as DO NOT USE in-game), also hoppers/fences/arrow-slits/etc. for the new stone brick block are on the "stone slab" or "small white brick" custom blocks. Let me know if you have any trouble finding the new ones.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
The testing areas have been set up, if you have existing tests at Oldtowntest, please be a bro and move them to their respective areas, or remove them if they don't fit the intended style (I don't have a lot of time this weekend). While you're doing that, don't forget to tag them.

While moving stuff, place it neatly so that there is actually space for other people to test on.

Help making Oldtowntest organised again.