Abandoned [OLD] Project Application: Antlers

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
[OLD FORUM REPOST - 3/13/18]

Note that only the most important information was preserved.

starcat98 said:
With my departure from the Deepwood/Wolfswood project, I'm going to tackle redoing my first ever project on the server :)! Here is a link to the application:

Thanks for you time,

-Star

starcat98 said:
Demo and I spoke about Harton and Harte today, and have decided to keep both his and my own location for them, and divide them between two different branches of the house. Harton will be the location of the main keep and branch of the Hartes, and Demo's location will be the minor branch, with a small holdfast and/or inn. I will give Harton to a builder to do, and the other Harte will be open for application, but I would appreciate if it would be done closely with me.

starcat98 said:
Hey all, with A World of Ice and Fire looming on the horizon, I've decided to halt progress on Starfall. Due to it, and the house that calls it home being such major things, there's bound to be something in WOIAF about it. I don't wish to make tons of progress on Starfall between now and the release date, just to have to turn around and redo everything if WOIAF contradicts what I had done. Since I've put Starfall on hold, I thought what a better time to take a quick few days or so to give Antlers the love it so desperately needs. I plan to fix up a few things that I believe need fixing, so as to give myself (and others) closure. I also plan to add a few things around the lands, and flesh them out a bit better than I had done in the past. I wish to do something similar to what Ollie did at the Ring. I had declared Antlers finished in the past, in which it pretty much was, but I did not give it the level of detail I feel that I should have. I suppose "completed" at that time pretty much meant that I had done the bare minimum. I have checked with Nick, and he has okay'd me for this. With the explanations out of the way, here are my plans;

-Addition of 2 settlements; Hedgerow and Nynpoint. A knight's estate (small) and village, and a small hunting village respectively.

-Field extensions, to make them seem less square and boring. Addition of a few pastures.

-Transformation of original set of pasture into fields.

-Extension of the Wellswood and Hindswood to meld better with each other and terrain.

-Addition of apple orchard owned and run by Knight of Hedgerow

-Small, interesting things will be added throughout the lands, such as lone houses, hedges, wagons, etc.

-Stone walls of the fields will be removed.

http://i.imgur.com/uz994Hg.png

Purple - Fields (squiggle is the pasture being replaced)
Red - Two new settlements
Auburn - Apple orchard
Pink - New pasture
Brown - Roads (dotted line is possible connection route to Maidenpool roads, tentative)

Please let me know if this is too much to add at this time, and I will tone it down however much is necessary. If this is all okay, I suppose a like by Nick or other mods would suffice for getting this started? I will also need the help of an editor to get most of this done as well.

Thanks for your time, -Star
@2534487 said:
With my departure from the Deepwood/Wolfswood project, I'm going to tackle redoing my first ever project on the server :)! Here is a link to the application:

Thanks for you time,

-Star

Demodocus said:
I think the map looks fine. At one point we discussed having some kind of structure on the Duskendale/Maidenpool road belonging to House Harte (it's where /warp harte currently is). Maybe like a large-ish inn for travelers?

starcat98 said:
I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly how much more needs to be done, because I really don't know. Originally I had set out to specifically change certain things I felt needed improvement and that was what I was doing for the longest time. However, I gradually began changing more and more, and straying farther away from the strict set of plans I originally laid out. Most of the things I had stated I was changing have been changed and then some (though I would like to note that no extreme changes have been made). I was hoping to have everything done with by the beginning of June, but as you can see that didn't happen. I learned a few months back that the Torentine valley was being redone, and I figured I'd rethink Starfall entirely after the new valley was ported. However, I was told that it would be a while until its implementation. With more time I figured I would and should keep hammering at Antlers and making the surrounding lands better than what they were previously, as to produce a good quality project that I was proud to call my own. And that's exactly what I've been doing, between bouts of busyness and severe lack of motivation. As of now all I can see that needs to be done is a few houses, prettifying the fields, and mayhaps a palette change of the castle.

One issue that I mentioned earlier though, is House Harte. Long story short, I placed Harte's theoretical seat in the Antlers lands as Harton, but on one of Demod's maps, he placed Harte at a different location. We came to the consensus that Harton as Harte's main seat is fine, but something could still go at Demod's location, whether it be an inn, a small tower for cadet branch of Harte, or something different entirely. I'd like to know people's opinions on that and whether or not that responsibility would fall onto me. I'm indifferent and would gladly do it myself, or let someone else apply for said location.

So that's that. Those things shouldn't take too long, and I would greatly appreciate feedback on anything and everything that's going on!

starcat98 said:
For starters I'd like to apologize for such a late reply. For the past few months I've lost a considerable amount of desire to play Minecraft. I just needed a little break to reinvigorate that desire, and I think I've done just that.

So right to business now then. The status of Antlers hasn't really changed since my last post, I still do not really know how much really is left to be done. I've pretty much completed everything I stated I was going to, but I can't help but feel that there's something missing. I'd like if a (or several even) mod could take a look around and provide some criticism as to what could/should be changed, what could/should be added, etc. I believe this is now the new post-completion process anyway(?) so that would work out regardless.

I do know for fact that there are three areas in the surrounding lands that I feel should be filled with something, yet I've no clue what. I've highlighted the three areas here:

nl6Haka.png

I would preferably avoid adding fields or anything of the sort to the red area, though I will if necessary. I feel both the orange and yellow areas could be extensions of the forests, but I am unsure of that and would like some feedback.

The other issue that has been floating around unanswered for a while now, is the original location of Harte on Demod's map. We had discussed this before, after Harton had been constructed, and had come to the conclusion that several things could be constructed in the old location. Things such as an inn, a hamlet, a small tower, etc. I am unsure if this location even falls under my jurisdiction if it comes to be something larger (i.e. a towerhouse) or if something should even be placed in the location at all. Once again, I'd like some input on that. The old location of Harte is indicated by the pink star on this map:

6rfCclg.png

That's pretty much where Antlers stands as of now. It is *so* close to finally being completed and I'm hoping I can do so within the next few weeks.
@2534487 said:
I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly how much more needs to be done, because I really don't know. Originally I had set out to specifically change certain things I felt needed improvement and that was what I was doing for the longest time. However, I gradually began changing more and more, and straying farther away from the strict set of plans I originally laid out. Most of the things I had stated I was changing have been changed and then some (though I would like to note that no extreme changes have been made). I was hoping to have everything done with by the beginning of June, but as you can see that didn't happen. I learned a few months back that the Torentine valley was being redone, and I figured I'd rethink Starfall entirely after the new valley was ported. However, I was told that it would be a while until its implementation. With more time I figured I would and should keep hammering at Antlers and making the surrounding lands better than what they were previously, as to produce a good quality project that I was proud to call my own. And that's exactly what I've been doing, between bouts of busyness and severe lack of motivation. As of now all I can see that needs to be done is a few houses, prettifying the fields, and mayhaps a palette change of the castle.

One issue that I mentioned earlier though, is House Harte. Long story short, I placed Harte's theoretical seat in the Antlers lands as Harton, but on one of Demod's maps, he placed Harte at a different location. We came to the consensus that Harton as Harte's main seat is fine, but something could still go at Demod's location, whether it be an inn, a small tower for cadet branch of Harte, or something different entirely. I'd like to know people's opinions on that and whether or not that responsibility would fall onto me. I'm indifferent and would gladly do it myself, or let someone else apply for said location.

So that's that. Those things shouldn't take too long, and I would greatly appreciate feedback on anything and everything that's going on!

Last edited by a moderator: