MixtCrimson Builder Application

MixtCrimson

Mummer
17-20

Instagram

My favorite character would be Jon snow, because of the plot twist regarding his true lineage; and his history from being the Commander of the Nights Watch, Then being assassinated but only to be ressurected, and then after that lead a formitable army into countless battles. He is a chad I dont care what anyone says

What is your favorite build on our server? What do you like about it? My favorite build is the Castle of House Fossoway, because I just love how it arches over the river, and i love the detailing they put on the roof of the grand dining room building and i love the interior work they did with the Knight statues and overall, how it looks like one gigantic building

I would say im a very meticulous builder and i make sure that in all my builds every block placed has a reason, and I like to make sure that there is an organic flow with with my builds. I'm a good listener and i can pick up on ideas and plans very fast, and I like to add input when appropiate. I would also say im more of a laidback and relaxed kinda of person, My main goal is to have fun and create in minecraft whether big or small, and I think Westeroscraft. Lastly, no matter the size of the project, whether it be a small shrine that is hidden, or a giant castle that pierces through the sky, I will give it my all, and spend (if I have to) hours making sure everything is blended in nicely.

I want to join your server because I like to build numerous types of structures in minecraft but I always lack a community/group who I can build with. I have been following your instagram for only a short time but seeing the post of what you guys are doing just makes me flow with inspiration and ideas.

https://imgur.com/a/RLTQX7P

Did you follow the application rules? You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey MixtCrimson,

Sorry for the delay in response on our part! I'm glad to see your interest in our server. Feel free to poke me if I don't reply within a few days in the future.

Overall, your house is a really nice start - you seem to have a good grasp on our humble "rural style" to begin with, and I like all the immersive details you've included around the house. That's a good skill to have on our server. I do have a bit of technical feedback to give:

- The wattle fence around the outside of the house can be made to cover a larger area, including veggie gardens and/or animal pens. Particularly for rural houses, there's not really a point in constructing a fence (which is a fairly labourious process in itself) if there's barely any useful land enclosed. Just make sure, when doing so, to avoid "bubble yards" - you still want the fences to follow well-defined linear borders (can be diagonal).

- The roof would look a little bit better if, on the diagonal part where the blocks shift, you turn the stair blocks sideways to make corner stairs.

- While you'll still see fence windows here and there, they've lost popularity in our most recent building styles. Usually, it looks better to simply have "open" windows, i.e. an empty block with a shutter on the outside.

- You should avoid using trapdoors for anything (apart from actual trapdoors), and instead use the oak carpet blocks. The trapdoor texture isn't very good and may be updated in the future, and these blocks can also be easily messed up by guests toggling their states.

- Don't put candles horizontally on walls; since there is no candle holder texture at the moment, it just looks unrealistic (the candle would melt and fall off). Instead, place the candles vertically on some surface (e.g., a table, or a fence candlestick).

- Don't use the vanilla banner blocks, since (a) they're entities rather than solid blocks (if I remember correctly), and (b) they don't have our custom textures, but rather hard-coded colors/patterns which generally don't look great. We do have a custom generic brown banner block which you might be able to use. By a similar token, item frames are also discouraged because they're entities and have some risks associated with them, though they're acceptable in some limited applications (e.g. the faith of the seven images).

Feel free to ask if any of my above feedback was unclear, or if you have any other questions! What'll happen next is I'll give you a series of builds to work based on different styles of our server, and then give feedback on each one, until I think you're ready to be promoted. For the first challenge build, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp woodwright. Good luck!

Reactions: DutchGuard