ManPeace123 Builder Application

ManPeace123

Mummer

Sweden

A few years ago I wondered if there was a Asoiaf/Got-inspired Minecraft server and googled it.

I've only read some youth fantasy (Ranger's Apprentice, Eragon etc) and Lotr and Narnia. Asoiaf is my favourite.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords

All of the above

My favourite character overall is probably Littlefinger. He really represents what makes Asoiaf so thrilling and magical for me, with all the scheming and treachery. Unlike some other "throne players" in the book, Littlefinger has a kinda sad background that explains his behaviour (his inferiority complex from childhood etc). That doesn't mean he should be king tho hehe

I love building gardens, farms and small, detailed countryside places inbetween the large builds on the server, places which perhaps only a few players will encounter. I'm not interested in building castles or such, I want to focus on improving the countryside by building realistic farmlands, manors, small septs, villages, windmills etc.

I walked from Castle Black to King's Landing and noticed the difference in the countryside where there were farms and villages, and where there was only grassland. I felt like it needed much more stuff in between the major locations. I'm (in a very amateurish way) fascinated by how a society is built up, in terms of infrastructure, agriculture, industry etc. I want to help make it feel like the Seven Kingdoms are a cohesive society where ALOT of people live, not just noblemen and knights.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey ManPeace, thank you for the application, and thanks for being patient (we've had a number of apps recently). I'm glad to see your interest in our server.

Your build isn't currently up to server standards, however you do seem to have a general grasp of the typical format and high-level features of our houses. With a bit of practice I think we can get you up to server standards soon enough.

I won't give super in-depth feedback this first time around, but will instead give very general (but quite important) feedback: try to give your houses some sort of coherent structure. You want to think of architecture here (how are houses typically built? Would some particular thing be stable? What do rooves typically look like?) as well as function (what do the interiors need to have? What rooms would be in a typical house? What kind of furnishings correspond to the wealth/poverty of the residents?).

Here's one of the main principles of our server: Always avoid adding detail just for the sake of adding detail. All the random holes and extrusions in the house, like here, aren't really realistic and make the house seem messy.

Before continuing with this app, I would recommend spending some time around some of our newer builds (for example: King's Landing (esp. /warp klsprawl), White Harbor, Highgarden, Fairmarket, Stoney Sept, Uffering, Bandallon, Westbrook etc) and studying how we build. Specifically, things like interior layouts, furnishings, roof angles, palettes, etc. Try to have an eye for detail. One thing that helps is finding some specific houses that you particularly like, taking screenshots of them, and combining elements from those houses into your own original house (and then, as you get more confident, you can experiment more). Lastly, a couple helpful warps for learning more are /warp gradients and /warp furnish.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about anything I said above! I'm happy to help. When you've experimented with some of the styles above and feel ready to continue this app, post some images of the house which you feel most confident in (make sure to include enough screenshots of the interior so I can get a good sense of it). Good luck!

ManPeace123

Mummer
Thanks for the reply! I have alot to do irl right now so you may remove my application, but I will most likely return later and apply again, using the tips you mentioned.