Having trouble with adding the Macros mod D:

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
Hey all, I'm having trouble with adding the Macros mod on my westeroscraft, what happend was I install it on my WC but then when I went to launch it, it terminates the process, it says something along the lines that my minecraft has been critically tampered with (I would say exactly what is says, but it also says that I should stop trying to launch it again becuse it's critical) so if anyone knows what the problem is/could be, I would really appreciate it :3
Thank you for your time
-Jaq

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Jaq, are you using the official launcher or a manual build? Could you detail specifically what steps you took to install the mod? Also, you can access old crash reports by going to WesterosCraft/instances/WesterosCraft-1.11.2/crash-reports.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
I'm using the official launcher and i'm using the steps from this website under README.md https://gitlab.com/bkane2/WesterosCraftWEScripts
I'm afraid that there is no folder for crash-reports anymore, becouse I re-insallted the official WC launcher just for safe messures, I always delete all the previous files under WesterosCraft (except screenshots), so unless I try installing the mod again, despite the warnings from the launcher ,I can't tell you exactly what it says D:
Hope this helps :/
-Jaq, also happy new year! :3

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Can you do the installation step-by-step, trying to launch minecraft after each step, and tell me which one you start getting the error on (as well as posting the crashlog)? I don't think you have to worry about what the error said, it seems to be intended for preventing bootlegged/virus versions of the .jar from spreading online, but that's obviously not the case here.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
Alredy at step one it doesn't start D:
It doesn't even start, which was the problem from the start, so my problem must be installing mods. I followed the steps on how to install it, so it's not really a crash since the minecraft doesn't start.
The parts where it says ERROR say that it doesn't find a valid user to launch the minecraft, it says that it doesn't find a valid minecraft certificate and it ignores it which it says that's bad. Before that it says the file is corrupt and that there's been a critical tampering with it, and that it's highly unlikley that minecraft will work and asks me to stop. The last error message says that it didn't find any certificates what so ever.

So in my unprofesional opinion, the problem appear to be that I have a pirated minecraft, which I can gaurantee you I don't, so I really don't know how I could fix this :/

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hmm, not entirely sure what the problem might be. The installation process shouldn't alter the .jar file itself at all. Are you sure you're doing the "Extract" method with the Liteloader install, and giving it the path to the "mods" folder?

Perhaps @mikeprimm can help with this if he's back from vacation by now.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
Yes, I'm using the extract method in the installer and setting the destination to the mods folder in WesterosCraft.

I'll be sure to ask him :3 thank you for your help though :D

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Do you have this problem with other mods as well? One other thing you can try is creating an empty folder on your desktop, and then giving the Extract method the path to the empty folder. Then try manually dragging the contents of that folder to the westeroscraft mods folder.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
Yes actually, I have problems with installing mods in general, not just in WesterosCraft. And I tried this method, it did the same things as before D: I really don't know what the problem is! Maybe my PC?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
But the mods folder does contain the mods which are added to the launcher by default, such as journeymap.jar and BetterFoliage.jar? That's very bizarre, I've never heard of such an issue. I think you should just try to contact Mike about it.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
Yes, it does, but if I try adding a new mod it doesn't want to start on the claims that it's been critcally tampered with (how many times have I written that? :3)
I'll cantact him right away, still a big thank you for your help :D