Block Change Request: Shutters and doors; a wider variation

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Request: Shutters and doors; a wider variation

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
I’d like to propose the addition of more shutters and doors.

A wider variation for both shutters and doors makes the world feel more diverse and helps to give that extra bit of detail to projects.

Shutters
We currently have a select amount of shutters in various colours and patterns, ranging from wooden planks to painted louvers and latticework. I’d like to increase this selection with more coloured shutters in the most common colours used in the heraldry of the noble houses. Having the shutters of a castle be in the house colours of its owners gives it that extra touch to set it apart and makes it recognisable to wanderers and explorers.

I’m not sure if this was the case in all of Europe or if it was a regional thing, but shutters for shop windows usually opened top and bottom rather than on the sides. This allowed residents and shopkeepers to use the bottom shutter to display wares and the top shutter to keep it all dry. I’m not sure how to get this to work aesthetically pleasing in minecraft but it might be interesting to look into that type of shutter too.

Doors
We currently have two types of doors, oak and spruce, both of which are fairly basic. I’d like to suggest broadening the selection with the introduction of both a northern- and jungle wood door, and some variations such as studded doors, decorated doors and painted doors.

Here are pics.