Block Change Request: Addition of table legs and shelf/roof support beams

Allisthegod

Messenger
Pronouns
he/him
Request: Addition of table legs and shelf/roof support beams

Request Type: General Addition

Try to describe all workarounds and associated issues that make it necessary to add this block in your eyes.
The table legs could be a repurpose the half doors. I am not sure about the technical challenges, but could maybe take a chunk out of the middle of the half door to resemble table legs.
I think this would be a good addition as it would provide more variety to builds instead of using the half-door block every time for tables, especially when half doors are used as walls in a build.
Here is a 32x32 pic of a possible table legs design. It might be tricky to do the sides though as they have the little 1 or 2 bits that stick out at the top and bottom to give it depth. It can be simplified if needed.

The second is support beams for shelves and roofs/slate. Currently, we can use stairs and gates as support beams. However, the stairs can be a bit chunky, and the gates can be opened by players (which resembles the issues of using trapdoors prior to the inclusion of half doors). I am not sure if some other block could be repurposed to make support beams, so I welcome suggestions :). I think this inclusion will refine the builds.
I dont have a pic of this design yet.

Types of evidence to support your request: Historical

Historical Evidence
Pretty self-explanatory. Table legs and support beams are of course seen everywhere.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2022-09-04_01.45.08.png
    2022-09-04_01.45.08.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23